Hello. I am new to the forum (joined yesterday). I've been a fan of Buells since the beginning, and have been intrigued by EBR since their revival this past Spring. Like many others, I thought the ill-fated Hero deal was going to be what finally brought them to the next level. I'm really hoping for them to finally find success with LAP.

Hypothetical: Say I was considering buying an EBR, a few questions/concerns come to mind.
  1. I see quite a few left over models on showroom floors. Aside from price, would there be any issue with buying one of the older models? Are there any differences in features or craftsmanship with them as compared to the 2016+ models?
  2. What kind regular service is needed, and are they easy to work on for basic upkeep/service? The dealer network being what it is currently, there's not a dealership within 300 miles of me. I also don't have the means or equipment to trailer a bike around whenever something comes up.
  3. Are there still a lot of bugs to work out with the current models? In reading through this forum, I've seen mention of a few issues that seem to be inherent to the current EBRs (inconsistent engine performance, error codes, etc.). Are they working actively to address these issues at the factory level or do EBR owners just learn to live with them?
  4. Part two to the above question: What are the most common issues EBR owners are currently experiencing?