Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: erikbuellracing.com updated

EBRforum Expert

erikbuellracing.com updated

This website's undergone a major refresh. New features include more info on the Black Lightning and an apparel store:

www.erikbuellracing.com

Where AX?

According to the physic laws no other vehicle on the standard tires on street roads can accelerate faster 2.83 seconds to 60 mph. Regardless of its power.
    For Black Lightning claimed 2.4 seconds. Someone is lying - physic or marketing department.
    Last edited by zviadi; 11-17-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Mmmm...
    I've heard these physics claims most of my life.

Traction depends on WAYY...TOO many things.

What's a "standard" road surface?
    What's a "standard" street tire? (shape, compound, belt design, etc.)
    How does the clutch work, (slipper, adjustable).

All of these things...including the weather have an effect on traction.

Mike

Power does not matter without a proper coefficient of adhesion of tires on road surface and using special aerodynamics (F1 or top-fuel dragsters).
    I don't see this tires and aerodynamics in any series bike or car. But I see beautiful figures in technical data...
    It is impossible to accelerate faster than 1 G-force - is just 2.83 from 0 to 60 mph with IDEAL start and road condition.
    MotoGP prototypes are accelerated to 60 mph in 2.3-2.5 seconds - they are much more powerful than any serial motorcycle, they use very soft tires and the tracksurface not like concrete or asphalt.
    Last edited by zviadi; 11-18-2016 at 12:25 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Where AX?
    I would guess it has been shelved for the immediate future. Looks like the next new model will be a sub-$10k model for 2018.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Where AX?

According to the physic laws no other vehicle on the standard tires on street roads can accelerate faster 2.83 seconds to 60 mph. Regardless of its power.
    For Black Lightning claimed 2.4 seconds. Someone is lying - physic or marketing department.
    Apparently, the 2002 Hayabusa and 2006 GSX-R1000 are the only two production bikes the break the 2.4 second 0-60 barrier
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_acceleration

Interesting note in that article, the 2.83 second threshold you mention is explained as follows:
    "an object in free fall, without any air resistance, near the Earth's surface accelerates from 0–100 km/h in 2.83 seconds and from 0–60 mph in 2.73 seconds"

At any rate, as much as I'd like to see the 1190AX come to fruition, the improved ergonomics of the Black Lightning do have me (and my old back) intrigued.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Erik (with a big grin) mentioned in a tech talk at the newest dealer in Redlands, CA on Wednesday that the Black Lightning with its lower CG w/rider and gearing can out accelerate the other EBRs from a dead stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
    Apparently, the 2002 Hayabusa and 2006 GSX-R1000 are the only two production bikes the break the 2.4 second 0-60 barrier
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_acceleration
    Wikipedia often write nonsense. Anyone can write an article in Wikipedia and to make any link.
    I argued about it with russian track days amateur and drag racing amateur. These people ride in group A.
    They told me about the identity completely unrealistic acceleration up to 60 mph and top speed. I always answered them one - put on their bikes official transponders and see your maximum acceleration and top speed. And no mobile apps for smartphones - they're lying. I'm said: if the maximum acceleration will be faster than 1G - we go to the bar at my expense. Those wishing to do so has not yet been found)))

Perhaps to drag strip with glue on the super soft slicks serial high-power motorcycles come from 2,83 to 60 MPH. But not with stock tires and ordinary road surfaces.
    Last edited by zviadi; 11-19-2016 at 06:24 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Expert
    Here are a few photos from yesterday's reveal at the Long Beach, CA International Motorcycle Show:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-IMS-Long-Beach-Erik-Buell-2017-EBR-Black-Lightning.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	1226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14597410_1843950399182169_2513811278510686208_n.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	1227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erik-Buell-Long-Beach-IMS-2.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	1228

New optional "comfort" seat by Corbin:
    Name:  seat.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  23.1 KB

I can't get enough of the Black Lightning (hoping they're going to have a White Lightning with some unique features at some point).

Has there been any other news out of the show? The press release (and some recent comments from Erik) indicated we might be seeing some 'prototypes' of upcoming models.

I'm guessing they might be saving those for later shows so they can feature the Black Lightning this weekend, but I'm curious if any other information had come out yet.