Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EBR Black Lightning

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by qurtrn10 View Post
    I got to spend some time looking at it and asking questions at the New York IMS.

They are taking orders now on it, and if you order before the end of the year, there is a discount available.
    I asked about the silver levers, and it looks like they will be an option for the bike when you order it.
    The bike should be delivered to the first owners in the spring (April-ish). That's around the time the black parts should become available too.
    It was also confirmed that longer cables are required to mount the taller handlebar to an existing SX.

VINs for RX, SX, and BL (Black Lightning):
    RX - 546AAAG
    SX - 546BBAG
    BL - 546CBAG
    Ugh, following that pattern, the AX is going to be called the DBAG

EBRforum Expert
    Qurtn10- Did they say anything about adding more dealers, specifically in the southeast? Currently the only dealer in the southeast is in Fort Meyers, FL, which is over 500 miles from me.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Qurtn10- Did they say anything about adding more dealers, specifically in the southeast? Currently the only dealer in the southeast is in Fort Meyers, FL, which is over 500 miles from me.
    I spoke with the new guy in charge of bringing in new dealers, Chris. He is a great guy - very enthusiastic and very passionate about the brand. I asked specifically about FL (since I'm in north FL), and I know he has been traveling and talking to dealerships. I'm not sure what they might be working on in your area.

If you know of a shop that might be interested in carrying a new brand and being the exclusive dealer in your area, you might take your bike up there and talk to them. If they seem like they might be interested and want to find out more, have them email dealer@ebr.com, or you might email them and ask them to reach out to a specific person at the dealership. I'm going to start taking my bikes up to some shops in the Jacksonville, FL area to do that to see if I can help bring the brand to my area.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post
    That's too funny!

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Boots View Post

Since we've stumbled into some humor here, I would say that DBAG would be pretty fitting for the AX... Due to all the DBAG's that say 'I don't want a race bike' when the subject of EBR bikes come up...

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post

Since we've stumbled into some humor here, I would say that DBAG would be pretty fitting for the AX... Due to all the DBAG's that say 'I don't want a race bike' when the subject of EBR bikes come up...
    Yeah, that is kind of fitting, isn't it

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by qurtrn10 View Post
    I spoke with the new guy in charge of bringing in new dealers, Chris. He is a great guy - very enthusiastic and very passionate about the brand. I asked specifically about FL (since I'm in north FL), and I know he has been traveling and talking to dealerships. I'm not sure what they might be working on in your area.

If you know of a shop that might be interested in carrying a new brand and being the exclusive dealer in your area, you might take your bike up there and talk to them. If they seem like they might be interested and want to find out more, have them email dealer@ebr.com, or you might email them and ask them to reach out to a specific person at the dealership. I'm going to start taking my bikes up to some shops in the Jacksonville, FL area to do that to see if I can help bring the brand to my area.
    Thanks for that info. I heard a while back there was a dealer in Savannah, GA that was thinking about picking up EBR. That would be a fairly good location for both of us. IIRC, they were actually a dealer for the original iteration of EBR. I sure would like to see at least one dealer somewhere in the GA/SC/NC/TN area.

There's an independent shop a couple of miles from where I live; well, they're a Royal Enfield dealer but they mainly sell used bikes. I don't do that much business with them, but I guess I could suggest they check into EBR the next time I'm there.

EBRforum Junkie
    Does anyone know how they lowered the Lightening? In the photos it looks like it sits lower on the forks. Is that it, less travel? How about the rear?

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Thunder View Post
    Does anyone know how they lowered the Lightening? In the photos it looks like it sits lower on the forks. Is that it, less travel? How about the rear?
    I'd guess it's a combination of a physically shorter shock and forks and less suspension travel. Here's a photo comparing the forks on an SX on the left to a Black Lightning on the right; you can clearly see there's less front suspension travel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SX BL fork comparison.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	1260

EBRforum Junkie
    They lowered the bike proportionally front and rear to keep the same steering geometry and handling characteristics, according to Erik himself. Watch his many interviews given at the two trade shows they attended this fall; he explains it in one of them pretty well.