Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike is hard starting when hot

check one other thing also. Throttle bodies can come loose and cause an air leak, make sure they are mounted all the way down, best way to make sure is with a flashlight open the throttle and look down the throat and see if their is a gap between the aluminum and the plastic intakes, should be no gap at all, loosen up lower clamp push down until properly seated and tighten snugly, becarefull not to over tighten or you could split the rubber sleeve.

EBRforum Junkie
    Will do. thanks!

EBRforum ProvNov
    I have yet to get into the fuel purge valve for my bike. I have noticed some odd behavior when it comes to fuel pressure, when the bike is cold the fuel pressure drops rapidly, but the bikes start just fine, when the bike is warm, the fuel pressure stays around 400-500kpa but the bike will not start.

Giving the bike a bit of gas helps the bike start when hot, but sometimes it backfires through the airbox.

Mackja what is the production number of your bike?

Mine is number 116. I still have the problem not as often as before. I am thinking about replacing fuel injectors, but I dont want to just swap parts. I sent a video to EBR of the hard start happening while at the track, so far they dont have an answer, but said they will continue to work on the issue.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Mine is number 116. I still have the problem not as often as before. I am thinking about replacing fuel injectors, but I dont want to just swap parts. I sent a video to EBR of the hard start happening while at the track, so far they dont have an answer, but said they will continue to work on the issue.

Thanks, mine is 135 - interesting both our bikes came from the same dealership. I also sent them some of the onboard telemetry as the bike was starting, i am beginning to think it is the rear injector that may be toast (the non-showerhead injector), I often get an error for the rear 02 sensor when I am having the issue.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbaker229 View Post
    Thanks, mine is 135 - interesting both our bikes came from the same dealership. I also sent them some of the onboard telemetry as the bike was starting, i am beginning to think it is the rear injector that may be toast (the non-showerhead injector), I often get an error for the rear 02 sensor when I am having the issue.
    EDIT: upon further research the injectors being off is unlikely as it would cause very hard running, if the injector was leaking the bike would be hard starting when cold. I only EVER has this issue while the bike is hot. A clogged injector would cause the bike to run poorly while underway, so much so that you may loose a cylinder at idle.

There is a sensor near the airfilter that was slightly out of place when I opened up the airbox, Dan alluded that something may not be connected correctly in there, but I do not speak engineer so I was a bit vague as to what he was talking about. The sensor sits right on top on the airbox right near the filter, I am wondering if this is the culprit??
    Last edited by Jbaker229; 01-16-2017 at 06:28 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbaker229 View Post
    The sensor sits right on top on the airbox right near the filter, I am wondering if this is the culprit??
    Air intake temp sensor if you want the correct nomenclature.

Nope air intake sensor is not the problem, although when it fumes ignite in the air box it can melt and set a code, ask me how I know!! lol

EBRforum ProvNov
    Ha, I am slow, the airflow sensor makes no sense.

I am thinking that it is an issue with the intake tract. Mackja - what happens when you get your bike really hot, and try to start it with the airbox cover totally off (exposed throttle bodies)?

Don't know, have not tried, but I would think the issue would not be their because any residual fuel or fumes (which seems to be present during hard starting) would evaporate rapidly.