Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike is hard starting when hot

EBRforum ProvNov

Bike is hard starting when hot

For someone reason my RX has a ton of trouble starting after it has been warmed up. It seems like the injectors are not pumping fuel into the bike once it has been warmed up. I have been getting the occasional 02 sensor error - so I am wondering if replacing the 02 sensors will solve my problem? I was also wondering if a race ECM would help things out.

I am dealing with the same issue, actually it seems to be flooding out. I just sent an email to EBR tech, will share info as soon as I recieve it.

EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Check to make sure your throttle body are seated and attached properly. They have been being "blown" up off their proper locations causing other owner's issues starting and running properly.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Check to make sure your throttle body are seated and attached properly. They have been being "blown" up off their proper locations causing other owner's issues starting and running properly.

Thanks I will take a look - I have had the bike backfire really badly before - but only after I had issues with starting it (bike backfires on start if you give it gas).

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    I am dealing with the same issue, actually it seems to be flooding out. I just sent an email to EBR tech, will share info as soon as I recieve it.
    Thanks! Let me know if you hear anything, I think my issue is their is too little gas when the bike is hot.

Got in touch with EBR and talked with the fuel evap engineer, possible cause is the purge valve is not working, check the line going down to the cylinder under the throttle bodies by turning ignitin off and place a vaccuum on the purge valve, should pull down to 0 if not needs to be replaced, second after running the bike with engine off look at live timming fuel pressure, pump will cycle after engine off fuel pressue should varie from 400-500kpa, if number fall off quickly fuel injector is leaking fuel into the cylinder or fuel pump is bad, and will cause a hard start problem. If it falls off slowly that is normal. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mackja; 11-18-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Checked the fuel pressure with engine off key on, everything is normal, next I checked the purge valve and it was faulty, would not hold a vacuum, good thing is I just happened to have an extra one on hand. Started up immediately, real test will be at Jennings GP next month.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Checked the fuel pressure with engine off key on, everything is normal, next I checked the purge valve and it was faulty, would not hold a vacuum, good thing is I just happened to have an extra one on hand. Started up immediately, real test will be at Jennings GP next month.

Thank you so much, my bike is sitting in North GA about 50 miles from my house - I will check tomorrow. You pick your bike up from Rider's Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbaker229 View Post
    Thank you so much, my bike is sitting in North GA about 50 miles from my house - I will check tomorrow. You pick your bike up from Rider's Hill?
    Bought both my rx and sx from David and Anthony at Rider's Hill, sure do miss that place, hate they closed up shop.

EBRforum Junkie
    Mine has the same issue; suppose I need to follow Mack's advise up there.