Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBR Owners Trademark “Black Lightning”

EBRforum Newb

EBR Owners Trademark “Black Lightning”

EBRforum Expert
    Very interesting...

Cool!

I have been assuming this would be an "SG" version of the 1190SX with black bodywork and maybe some hand guards and other minor aesthetic variations.

But the Black Lightning name raises interesting possibilities if they also give it a little more 'oomph'. With larger displacement or maybe forced induction it's possible they could do justice to the name and maybe get some real attention (and arguably have the fastest, most unique 'Street-Fighter' in the world). Anybody know what the current land-speed record for an unfaired production twin is? Take it to the Salt Flats and they could get more publicity for a lot less money than a year of Superbike racing.

Considering their financial situation. I tend to think it will be mostly aesthetic, but it could be really cool if they could do a little more.

Also, on a vaguely related topic, does anybody know the status of the "White Lightning" trademark? It would be great if they could have both.

EBRforum Junkie
    Think supercharged.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Think supercharged.
    H2 killer?

Al

Think supercharged.
    I really love the idea of something like that, but I don't want to get my hopes up. The new entity has only been making bikes for a little over 6 months, so I figure they'll stick to fairly simple updates that don't require much investment or design/engineering until they've been around a while longer.

EBRforum Junkie
    https://www.facebook.com/ErikBuellRa...3913845942496/

Info I got on that engine dyno run was 220+ hp, mildly boosted. Couldn't get confirmation that it was super or turbo charged (yes, I asked) but it's not naturally aspirated. Keep in mind, they did the same thing with an xb12 years ago, code named "Diablo" and it supposedly made 150+ hp easily at the wheel. EricZ has hit 185+ hp on his xb12, so it's certainly possible, even with a stock motor.

They intentionally cropped the video so you can't see the airbox, so I don't know for 100% how they did it. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

EBRforum Newb
    That must mean insane torque as well - something the 1190 didn't lack anyway. This *might* mean a different frame, no? The XB hole isn't in the 1190 frame and that engine is a tight fit. My theory: a single-bank turbo.

https://www.facebook.com/ErikBuellRa...3913845942496/

Info I got on that engine dyno run was 220+ hp, mildly boosted. Couldn't get confirmation that it was super or turbo charged (yes, I asked) but it's not naturally aspirated. Keep in mind, they did the same thing with an xb12 years ago, code named "Diablo" and it supposedly made 150+ hp easily at the wheel. EricZ has hit 185+ hp on his xb12, so it's certainly possible, even with a stock motor.

They intentionally cropped the video so you can't see the airbox, so I don't know for 100% how they did it. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.
    Wow! Hiding in plain sight. Thanks! Intriguing. I mentioned on a different conversation that I had heard the hole in the frame of the original XB was there for a turbo, so it certainly is possible.

And I think something like that would be perfect for what they need right now – something different, unique… and a little crazy.

The world’s most powerful V-Twin naked bike would certainly do justice to the Black Lightning name.

But I’m still keeping my expectations in check. Even if they’re working on forced induction, it could be years away from a production bike.