Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cargo options

EBRforum ProvNov

cargo options

Ok, I know this is the wrong bike for carrying a bunch of stuff, but sometimes you just need to bugger off for a while and take a trip. I know someone did a tankbag mod, and it seems to have worked out stunningly. I was wondering if anyone's using tail bags of any sort. The secondary muffler gets in the way of me mounting my choices, but it doesn't seem to get too hot, so I've considered it.

and yes, I plan on ditching the secondary in a while. But I'd still love to have some input, even if it's me going up a creek without a paddle.

EBRforum Expert
    This SX was shown at the factory re-opening earlier this year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	781576.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	1141

A quick google search and I found that Ventura is now making a rack for the EBR's (the page says SX but the bike is clearly an RX, not that it would make any difference):

http://www.ventura-bike.com/product/...Racing/1190-SX

EBRforum Junkie
    That SX had a set of "lost" Pirelli D/S tires on it, we (several of us) asked about it, the response was "Ahh, so THAT'S where those made off to... thought we lost them".

EBRforum Junkie
    Tank bag:

Saddle bags (and after some paint work):

The saddlebags clear the exhaust resonator. They are made by OGIO, and are the same as the ones in the yellow demo bike.

EBRforum ProvNov
    any sort of saddlebag supports for the oigos? I've got a set of saddlebags, but I'm not sure they'd stay out of the way, y'know? It's an extra bit of insurance with that.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaFighterX View Post
    any sort of saddlebag supports for the oigos? I've got a set of saddlebags, but I'm not sure they'd stay out of the way, y'know? It's an extra bit of insurance with that.
    Nothing from OGIO directly that I could find. A few owners have home made brackets that work pretty well. I went to a local Cycle Gear and bought a universal saddle bag support bar setup that worked pretty well, looked pretty good, and cost me $25.

The support setup on the yellow demo bike is admittedly much better, because it supports the bags underneath to help with weight, but I'm just considering my bag setup something to hold me over until EBR puts something out.

EBRforum Novice
    Looks good. For added stability under the tail you could add a small diameter rod between the two brackets. This would make a stiffer bracket and prevent them from running under the tail as you lad them up. The rod would have minimal interference with wheel travel and license plate relocation.

great set up to make it a better tourer.

EBRforum ProvNov
    came with the hardware to do that with, yeah? I'd just hate giving up the black bolts. :D Actually the picture of the brackets is exactly what I was looking for. That answers my question of wether or not the things will fit. May need to pick a set of these up today and see if it works for me. Second hand luggage and all. :p

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaFighterX View Post
    came with the hardware to do that with, yeah? I'd just hate giving up the black bolts. :D Actually the picture of the brackets is exactly what I was looking for. That answers my question of wether or not the things will fit. May need to pick a set of these up today and see if it works for me. Second hand luggage and all. :p
    When I'm not running the bags I remove the bracket and put the original black bolts back in. With the bags on, the brackets are covered and no one sees the chrome bolts.

EBRforum ProvNov
    gotcha. Makes sense to me. Thanks for the help!