Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big press release!

EBRforum ProvNov
    Competition White was indeed an available color on the 2016 1190RX.

EBRforum Expert
    ^ Interesting. I'd guess the $1k premium for some colors on the RX and $500 premium for some colors on the SX means those aren't really "production" colors, but would have to be special ordered from their bodywork supplier.

I wonder if we'll see any other evidence of the 2017's this week? According to the press release, they're supposed to be at the dealers this week.

I have a feeling we'll have to wait on the IMS in Long Beach in November before we see anything really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
    Competition White was indeed an available color on the 2016 1190RX.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    ^ Interesting. I'd guess the $1k premium for some colors on the RX and $500 premium for some colors on the SX means those aren't really "production" colors, but would have to be special ordered from their bodywork supplier.

I wonder if we'll see any other evidence of the 2017's this week? According to the press release, they're supposed to be at the dealers this week.

I have a feeling we'll have to wait on the IMS in Long Beach in November before we see anything really interesting.
    Yeah, I suspect the updates to the 2017's are just minor fixes to problems that have been popping up. The 2017 1/2 and 2018 bikes will probably be the ones we'll be more interested in hearing about and hopefully the motorcycle shows will offer some more on that.

Since they're skipping Orlando, I'm thinking that might mean they want to put some things together that aren't quite ready yet for Long Beach. If they just planned to show up with production models, they should have those now and could put in an appearance at Orlando if that's all they planned to do.

EBRforum Newb
    Here is my 2014 RX with white paintClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20150206_170232.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	848.1 KB 
ID:	1152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150830_151142.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	366.5 KB 
ID:	1153

Nice!

Russian article:

http://moto-magazine.ru/news/kompani...noe_i_dlinnoe/

Quotations:

"EBR company created something fast, dark and long"

"The forthcoming mid-November International Motorcycle Shows Exhibition in Long Beach, California Eric Buell is going to present not only the range of the future on the basis of the already known machines, but also some new items.
    Specificity yet. We only know that one of the motorcycles will fit the slogan "Fast, dark and long" that can be interpreted as a dragster based on the proven 1190-ccm twin with a 72-degree angle of the cylinders, which have to compete with the Ducati Diavel and Harley-Davidson V-Rod. But the second before the series gets not before 2018: it should be a completely new platform of the future family "budget" city bikes costing up to $ 10,000. In the US, the price fit, for example, Yamaha FZ-09 (american name MT-09). Does this mean that there will be something similar?"
    Last edited by zviadi; 09-30-2016 at 12:36 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Russian article:

http://moto-magazine.ru/news/kompani...noe_i_dlinnoe/

Quotations:

"EBR company created something fast, dark and long"

"The forthcoming mid-November International Motorcycle Shows Exhibition in Long Beach, California Eric Buell is going to present not only the range of the future on the basis of the already known machines, but also some new items.
    Specificity yet. We only know that one of the motorcycles will fit the slogan "Fast, dark and long" that can be interpreted as a dragster based on the proven 1190-ccm twin with a 72-degree angle of the cylinders, which have to compete with the Ducati Diavel and Harley-Davidson V-Rod. But the second before the series gets not before 2018: it should be a completely new platform of the future family "budget" city bikes costing up to $ 10,000. In the US, the price fit, for example, Yamaha FZ-09 (american name MT-09). Does this mean that there will be something similar?"

It looks like they changed "quick, dark and low" from the press release to "fast, dark and long". To me the low just hints at a slightly lower suspension and seat (remember the XB12SG?) and the mention of it being for "urban riders" makes me think of the CityX, so I'm expecting a lowered 1190SX with hand-guards and a dark paint scheme. Maybe they'll extend the rear swing-arm to make it more of a drag-bike (that would be interesting), but even that big of a mechanical change would surprise me.

It would be interesting to see them market it against the Diavel - because it would likely blow the Diavel away on performance, but I expect it to be much more comparable to the Ducati Monster than Diavel.
    Last edited by Scott; 09-30-2016 at 07:12 AM.

EBRforum Expert
    I was kind of hoping we'd see something more concrete on the 2017 models this week since they're supposed to be in showrooms. I imagine whatever updates they've made are very subtle other than perhaps "bold new colors".

We did have some additional positive news this week: EBR now has a factory tall accessory windshield now for the RX's and Ventura is making a rack system for EBRs. Those are both positive signs for the continuance of EBR.

Edit- Oh yea, they also added dealer #16, in California this week.
    Last edited by Hughlysses; 09-30-2016 at 12:49 PM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I ordered the Ventura brackets and grab handle for an SX in January but they were not in stock then. However they should ship in 3 - 5 weeks is the latest word from them. Hopefully that will happen.