Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 yellow RX #003

EBRforum Junkie

Luimoto rear seat cover installed and very happy with the result. It's a little tougher to latch, but that might be just breaking in the leather - some of it wraps around the underneath and gets stapled, so it probably just needs to get squished a bit and it will probably go on and off smoother as time goes on.

Next step will probably be coming up with a design for the rider's seat from Luimoto and perhaps order a matching rear strap to make it blend in with the seat.

Carbon fiber parts have started arriving, so they will probably get installed this weekend some time.

EBRforum Junkie
    It looks pretty good with the black strap right now.

EBRforum Junkie
    Wow, it's been awhile since I updated this thread! Haven't done a lot in the last 6 months, but to bring you up to speed...

Swapped exhaust from Dean Adams round to Dean Adams oval. The newer tip design on the oval clears the belly pan much better.

Picked up the Shorai battery tender and installed the pigtail to the battery of the bike. I ran the charging pigtail under the passenger seat lock terminating under the passenger seat. This way the wire and pigtail are out of the elements, yet still very easy to get to any time I need it.

EBRforum Junkie
    Wired up an accessory power socket for cellphone and gps. In the factory harness there is a plug at the front of the bike (behind the headlight). I moved it underneath the backside of the dash...

and plugged in the factory Buell accessory socket (from a Buell Ulysses). It fits the factory connector, but the socket end is too big to fit cleanly on the RX...

So I cut the socket off and swapped in a Powerlet low profile socket. It is smaller both in terms of depth and diameter, which fits much better for a clean install...

The Powerlet socket does require a different charge cable for your accessories, but it makes a much more positive connection. On my SX with just the regular Buell Ulysses socket, my GPS cable kept working its way out of the socket with vibration from the handlebars. Although I had to spend a little extra on cables, it is well worth the extra cost.

Here it is charging my phone with the 12" cable I purchased from Powerlet.

Lastly, I sent off my dash to EBR to be updated and got that installed.

New 45 tooth sprocket is on order from Vortex, so that install will be the next thing on my list.

EBRforum Junkie
    Next big project for the RX will be riding it 520 miles from my home in north Florida up to the Tennessee mountains to visit some family (weather permitting, of course). They live an hour and a half away from The Tail of the Dragon, so I will most likely do a day trip there, and could quite possibly ride an extra 700 miles to visit East Troy, WI for Homecoming. Just going to play it by ear and see how much my body can handle.

I already have an OGIO saddlebag setup that I've used on my SX and a Mach 5 hard shell backpack, but I'm also contemplating a tail bag for extra storage off my back. I'm not going to run the tank bag on the RX to leave room for me to tuck under the windscreen.

EBRforum Junkie
    The bike ran perfectly (other than the front brake rotor that needs to be replaced, but that was a known issue and will be fixed soon). I put on about 2500 miles in four days of riding and I can't complain at all - I was just about as comfortable as I would have been if I took my car that far.

While I was in Wisconsin, I picked up a few goodies for the bikes. Remember that unique rear shock I mentioned the pre-production bikes having? Well all of them were swapped out to the regular production rear shock when production began, but I found the original Showa shock at EBR and bought it during the liquidation sale. It will soon go back on the bike. I could have bought a Showa race shock or an Ohlins, but for this particular bike, this seems like the correct shock to have.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Nice work on your mods. I enjoyed reading about your bike.

EBRforum Junkie
    Thanks. It was a rainy day yesterday, so I went out to the garage and put it on.

Now it has the original suspension it wore at the unveiling in October 2013 at the AIMExpo.