Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 yellow RX #003

EBRforum Junkie

2014 yellow RX #003

This thread is to track progress on my 1190RX VIN #003.

History:
    In October 2013, EBR unveils the 1190RX to the world using 4 bikes at their booth (1 yellow, 1 black, and two red (one on the ground with the others and one suspended in the air)). The yellow RX was VIN #003 - mine. In addition, yellow RX #006 was at the AMSOIL booth advertising a giveaway at the same show. In addition to being media bikes for shows and photography models for advertisements and magazines, these bikes were also used as R&D before production was to begin in December 2013 for completion in January 2014.

There are some differences between #003 and the rest of regular production 1190RXs. I will post pictures and describe differences as I have time throughout the week.

Sadly, one thing I was looking forward to was the different rear shock/spring combo as shown on the above pics. Appears to have been the rear suspension from the XBRR, but sometime between 10/2013 and today, the rear setup was replaced with the standard production rear sock/spring combo. I may later try to find that original shock combo to return to what the bike had originally, but at least for now, #003 has the same as everyone else.

Fortunately, the front forks are the same as shown in 2013, and are a different Showa BPF. How different I cannot say, but it is easy to identify by looking at the fork caps (blue) vs regular production (black). On the 1190RX, I have only seen these on the pre-production bikes. They may have also come from the XBRR, but I don't have any information on that yet.

Delivery:
    Arrived via Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping today. Shippers were very prompt and very professional. Couldn't have been happier with the delivery.

Modifications:
    Within about 10 minutes of delivery, I swapped in the Twisted Designs undertail license plate bracket, swapped the shorter rear turn signals to the front, added Sandro axle sliders, and pitbull longer spools.

Last edited by qurtrn10; 10-25-2016 at 08:23 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Is the EBR logo on the rear wheel really small or larger?

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    Is the EBR logo on the rear wheel really small or larger?
    It's really small. Not sure what that means (if anything).

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by qurtrn10 View Post
    It's really small. Not sure what that means (if anything).
    Same on your SX? or is that one larger. Noticed that they changed the castings somewhere along the lines. Curious about it.

EBRforum Junkie
    No, the "EBR" on the SX is much bigger.
    Last edited by qurtrn10; 09-21-2016 at 01:23 PM.

EBRforum Novice
    Really cool man!

EBRforum Junkie
    Today's difference - the gas cap. Mine has a rectangular section etched out with EBR on it. For whatever reason, they decided to make the regular production bikes without engraving on the gas caps but then brought it back in the SX.

EBRforum Junkie
    I put some miles on it, and something in the front brake is pulsating. It's either a brake disc that could be warped or something to do with the pads. I would have thought the front wheel needed to be balanced from the amount of shake at 45ish mph, but even moving it in the garage not running, I can hear/feel the front brake rubbing.

I want to email Tech, but I don't know if they can diagnose much from a distance. Might have to take it to a shop in Daytona (previous EBR dealer that still works on them). If I do that, I have to decide whether to try riding it or getting a trailer. I really want to start taking it out on big rides, but I'm a little worried about doing damage or it being unstable at speed.

EBRforum Junkie
    Put the bike up on the front end stand and rotate the tire. You can use the caliper slot as a guide to visually see if the rotor is warped due to the lugs on the rim or the mounting hardware. Hopefully it can be easily fixed by swapping around the mounting hardware. Being that it is a new bike the rotor shouldn't be warped yet.

EBRforum Junkie
    Some of the early rotors had problems with the machining and had bad pulsing problems. You'd know it by the vertical lines showing on the rotor.