Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper injectors

Upper injectors

Has anyone checked the work of upper injectors with the airbox cover removed?
    The question is - do they work on high rpm when the motorcycle is stationary in neutral? Or does he work on high rpm only in the run on gear?
    Last edited by zviadi; 08-23-2016 at 03:57 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    Has anyone checked the work of upper injectors with the airbox cover removed?
    The question is - do they work on high rpm when the motorcycle is stationary in neutral? Or does he work on high rpm only in the run on gear?

Hi Zviadi, there are actually some videos on youtube that explain the secondary injectors. To answer your question, they are supposed to start fully engaging around the 7/8k mark. I have ran my bike without the airbox (stationary). If you rev the bike a bit (around 4K?) you can get them to spray a tiny bit.

Check out the video from EBR's technical director here:

https://youtu.be/kWB0vCEUBCU?t=1m5s

Quote Originally Posted by Jbaker229 View Post
    they are supposed to start fully engaging around the 7/8k mark. I have ran my bike without the airbox (stationary)
    Ok, it is important.
    Because my both upper injectors did not work when bike stay on sidestand. More than once add gas from cut off - no spraying. Since the purchase of a bike in May 2015 until yesterday.
    And yesterday changed both oxygen sensors and the mechanic told me that upper injectors have runned.

This surprised me, because I go to the dyno in July 2015 and measured the parameters of the engine, he correct to independent measurements in media and this forum. I do not know how to correct the measurement results at the faulty upper injectors. It would immediately be seen on the AFR diagram.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBR1190 диностенд.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	1105

Therefore, until yesterday, I thought that the upper injectors are activated only when bike is moving.
    Tomorrow I'm taking my bike from the service zone and check personally whether his dynamic performance changed.
    Last edited by zviadi; 08-23-2016 at 03:13 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    That air/fuel ratio graph doesn't look that bad really.

Above 4000 rpm it is ideal - exactly near 13.
    EBR 1190 RX

Test drive did not work - bike began to smoke and caught fire on the move...
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    You need a different mechanic! There is no reason for fire unless hoses were not connected correctly.

With good mechanics here are bad. Everyone wants to repair the Jap bikes, and preferably serviceable)))
    I doubt that the cause of the fire are no properly joined hoses, because I drove about 15 miles.

My thoughts on this incident.
    Fairing caught fire due to the hot muffler. Heated it because again broke O2 sensor of rear cylinder. O2 sensor broke from the fact that the rear injector is not closed and all time is spraying, making the very rich AFR. Surplus fuel flew in muffler and burning down there with clapping. Bike to lose power, muffler is overheating and caught fire and smoke at traffic light.
    Nothing critical, except for melted stock belly pan, bike even start up without any problems and give out any dash errors, except the rear cylinder O2 sensor.
    No one mechanic would not have guessed this development.
    Last edited by zviadi; 08-25-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Newb
    A note about what you might be dealing with. The RaceECM from EBR won't rev much past 8k with the clutch pulled in. I'd bet if there is a sidestand switch on your bike the same thing is happening. I haven't tried it in neutral but I'l also be willing to bet it won't rev that way either. Get it on a rear stand so you an put it in gear, then check if the showerheads are dosing. I'd bet they are.

The other issues you are having... are due to VERY incompetent mechanics. If you can - you should work on your own bike.

EBRforum ProvNov
    My guess Zviadi, is that your upper injectors are working fine. Per messages above there may be a number of reasons why you are not seeing them activate when the bike is stationary. Judging by your dyno numbers, I would be surprised if they were not working. I have also not heard of any cases of the injectors breaking on any other bikes, so it seems like they are pretty resilient.