Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Updated Software for ECM & Display from EBR

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by recon033 View Post
    I wish there was an at home download. What prevents it from being available online? I just avoid dealer****s like the plague.
    Supposedly the main reason they are doing this is to get current EBR owners to come in and meet current EBR dealers, in the interest of selling more motorcycles in the future.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Supposedly the main reason they are doing this is to get current EBR owners to come in and meet current EBR dealers, in the interest of selling more motorcycles in the future.
    Well I don't know about the areas others live in, but in the greater Houston area there is no shop that will work in an EBR. Not even the one dealer in the area (Goe Kawasaki in Angleton). I question why anyone would want to own a bike that nobody will work on.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by bthibodeaux View Post
    Well I don't know about the areas others live in, but in the greater Houston area there is no shop that will work in an EBR. Not even the one dealer in the area (Goe Kawasaki in Angleton). I question why anyone would want to own a bike that nobody will work on.
    If that is the dealer you got your bike from and you want to get the items updated, just ask the dealer to print & fill out their info on the EBR Recalibration Request form but specify that your parts get shipped to the customer (you). You would have to R&R the dash & ECM yourself, package & ship them to EBR and specify to EBR how to pay for return shipping. That is exactly how I did it. A week later the parts came back recalibrated.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    If that is the dealer you got your bike from and you want to get the items updated, just ask the dealer to print & fill out their info on the EBR Recalibration Request form but specify that your parts get shipped to the customer (you). You would have to R&R the dash & ECM yourself, package & ship them to EBR and specify to EBR how to pay for return shipping. That is exactly how I did it. A week later the parts came back recalibrated.
    I have done exactly that, even though it is not the dealer I purchased from. I have other work that needs to be done.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    I want nothing to do with the dealer in my area.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by recon033 View Post
    I want nothing to do with the dealer in my area.
    Action Powersports? Their EBR salesman's stepmother is Erik's long-time personal assistant. Seems like he'd be sure to do you right.