Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How fast is a 1190rx...

EBRforum Newb

How fast is a 1190rx...

Not that the engine is broken in the acceleration leaves me with a feeling of wantin more speed. My fastest bikes have been a 08zx6r and a 1250cc xbr. Honestly i was expecting more acceleration.

EBRforum Newb
    Has anyone turbocharged their 1190?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Wanting more speed? Really? Get past the break-in period and then pin the throttle above 8k RPM on the EBR. Then tell me honestly that you want more acceleration...that is if you manage to not run into whatever it is that happens to be in front of you.

EBRforum Newb
    I miss spoke before. I have broke it in properly. I have about 700mi. I have tried pinning the throttle back at above 8000rpm. It never seemed like a very intelligent thing to do especially when i barely know the bike.i wouldnt pin the throttle back in first gear on my firebolt.

EBRforum Junkie
    Have you set the "mode" (or "traction" switch) to "off" ?
    Makes a big difference, as does installing an "IDS" (http://idspd.com/xcart/) ECM and removing the second muffler..!

Mike

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanap123 View Post
    I miss spoke before. I have broke it in properly. I have about 700mi. I have tried pinning the throttle back at above 8000rpm. It never seemed like a very intelligent thing to do especially when i barely know the bike.i wouldnt pin the throttle back in first gear on my firebolt.
    Power comes on much later than your XBR. Try setting the TC lower or turning it off. Good luck, you will need it.

EBRforum Newb
    Its on tc3. I never touched it. Ill turn it off. I was expecting to be doing wheelies with just the throttle in higher gears at faster mph than what ive experienced to far. Im trying to ease into it so i have a feel for her.

EBRforum Junkie
    TC-3 pulls about 30+ hp out of the motor, at least on a dyno anyway.

EBRforum Newb
    Thats a lot

1. TC off.
    2. Denoid.
    3. Remove pneumatic hose on the clutch cover.
    This is the simplest, that can be done without interfering with the exhaust system and ECU replacement.

On stock bike with a disabled TC and denoid leaves behind from a standing start Hayabusa, B-King and any 1000cc sportbike. Try to open the throttle more and gear up at 10,000 rpm. If you know and not affraid - starting every time with 4000-5000 rpm.

In everyday driving keep the engine higher 7,000 rpm in low gears. Don't drive at low revs in high gears.

This is a very fast motorcycle, but it does not feel so. Paradox.
    600cc sportbikes is not a competitors anyway.
    Last edited by zviadi; 06-13-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX