Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's Here!I bought this

EBRforum ProvNov

She's Here!I bought this

After weeks of anticipation my 15 1190SX has arrived. Straight from LAP. Going to get some gas now to take her out for my first ride! Upon initial inspection everything looks good. It is missing the retaining screw for the seat and the owner's manual. Maybe LAP will get that taken care of.

I believe the owners manual is only in digital copy- google it and save to your desktop, etc

Great looking bike! Enjoy the ride!

EBRforum ProvNov
    Well, my first ride lasted all of 2.4 miles. Got code P0151 Rear 02 System Fault.....

EBRforum ProvNov
    After letting is sit for a few I restarted it and the code was gone. I cleared it, rode it for 40 miles or so and it did not come back. Happy with the bike, just gotta get used to the sounds. The engine feedback is very different from anything I've ridden before. I recently got off of a B-King and there are a lot of similarities minus the engine feedback of course.

EBRforum Junkie
    Good color choice. I had the 02 code once. It is said to come on with low/small throttle inputs because the throttle body butterflies don't sync up well at, and just off idle on some bikes. I try to always let the engine warm up well before operating it too, and hasn't been an issue since.

EBRforum Expert
    Congrats on the new bike!

EBRforum ProvNov
    The O2 codes will probably come and go during the break-in period, perhaps even throw a CEL on the dash every so often. Nothing to be concerned about in all likelihood. To be honest, the thing that made mine go away is upgrading to the race ECU, no codes after that.

EBRforum Junkie
    I had the same fault in my first week of the SX - never came back. Looks great!

Do you plan on any modifications?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Good to hear. It did not come back today either. I ordered a 42 tooth rear sprocket, will prob have Spencer redo the seat, maybe some clutch/brake peg extensions and some higher bars like Erik has on his SX when they offer longer cables.

EBRforum ProvNov
    A couple of questions... There's no fuel gauge? The fuel light comes on at .08, which is the reserve, but there is no reserve switch? How many street miles do most folks average? If that's the only fuel indicator I'd like to be somewhere in the ballpark upon 2nd fill up.
    thx