Thread: Recommended Racing/Driving school programs?

EBRforum Newb

Recommended Racing/Driving school programs?

I have had a few very 'basic' riding courses previously since I was in the military and they force that training requirement upon you as a rider. My question is, what advanced 'racing' type courses are there out there? I've briefly read over the one they have at superbikeschool.com with their training aid bikes and different levels of training. Would any of you guys have any other recommendations? I live in NC so the one that superbikeschool.com is hosting in August looks pretty tempting (2-Day Program at VIR). its $495 per day if you use your own motorcycle.

Thoughts or input?

I would suggest doing a few track days before going to Superbike school, STT Sportbike Track Time does a great job, no matter how good a street rider anyone is, the track is a whole new ball game. Start in the novice group, learn basic fundamentals and get comfortable on the track. STT runs several tracks in the southeast, Carolina Motorsports Park, Barber Motorsports Park, Road Atlanta, NCM, and NOLA. They offer a lot of one on one coaching, and they really care about the rider having a great experience. I have done the Superbike school and it is good, but it will be much better if you have a little track time under your belt. You can check out STT at www.sportbiketracktime.com, also check out the forums. Welcome to the addiction!!

Hi there,

I've been looking for the off-road advanced racing courses, and found this topic. For anyone who is interested, there's also a calendar events listing where you can choose the city and the type of event: https://www.motorsportreg.com/calend...otorcycle-race
    I for one joined the Two Day Advanced Racing School (Skip Barber) in Salinas, CA (Laguna Seca). Or another option: to check the directory of driving and racing schools - https://drivingschoolnear.me

John Graham
    Last edited by JohnGraham; 09-14-2019 at 08:55 AM. Reason: calendar listing