Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Looking like late Feb for RX release

Mine ships today, just got the vin number, getting number 116 in red, hope I can get it next week. I have no idea what transportation time will be from Troy, WI to Dahlonega, GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    The sloppy lever feel in the 1125 was more a function of the rotor mounting scheme and caliper flex than the pump itself.
    Doosh- interesitng you would say that, it seemed to me it was more like the 1125r brakes lacked initial bite and feel, always seemed like you never new how much chain was out on the anchors until you suddenly slowed WAY down. I never thought it would be caliber mount flex.

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Mine ships today, just got the vin number, getting number 116 in red, hope I can get it next week. I have no idea what transportation time will be from Troy, WI to Dahlonega, GA.
    Just to be clear... Mackja, I now offically hate you too! CONGRATS

Meanwhile I continue to wait here in the loan star state.

My experience has been the mastercylinder on the 1125 was just junk, I installed the Accassato unit on both my track bikes, 07 XB12R with 8 piston caliper, and my 1125r this made the brakes so much better, no comparison. WIth the EBR 2015 pads I have great feel and performance. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Just to be clear... Mackja, I now offically hate you too! CONGRATS

Meanwhile I continue to wait here in the loan star state.

HAHAHA Don't be hating man, you will be saddling up in no time. Unerstand, this waiting just sucks!!

HAHAHA Don't be hating man, you will be saddling up in no time. Unerstand, this waiting just sucks!!
    Yea waiting has never been my strong point. I'm the type of guy who would buy a 185hp sport bike that makes almost 65ftlbs of torque off idle just becasue I don't like having to wait the .9 seconds it takes for a 600 to rev up to make that much at redline. Its getting bad, because now even wife and kid ask me about it everyday now.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Doosh- interesitng you would say that, it seemed to me it was more like the 1125r brakes lacked initial bite and feel, always seemed like you never new how much chain was out on the anchors until you suddenly slowed WAY down. I never thought it would be caliber mount flex.
    What's happening here is the slop in the rotor mounting scheme allowed the pistons to get pushed back, so when you haven't been on the brakes for a while you have to get them back into position first.

The clamshells of the caliper itself also flex, and that combined with poor heat dissipation in the initial ZTL2 design contributed to the brake drag.

My experience has been the mastercylinder on the 1125 was just junk, I installed the Accassato unit on both my track bikes, 07 XB12R with 8 piston caliper, and my 1125r this made the brakes so much better, no comparison. WIth the EBR 2015 pads I have great feel and performance. My 2 cents.
    Yup, it's junk. But, freshly rebuilt it wasn't the main thing wrong with the brake system on the 1125. It wasn't good, let's be clear, but the problems with the 1125r brake system were many.

I like the 2015 pads, too.

EBRforum Newb
    Very cool, mine is #86

EBRforum Expert
    Mackja- a guy on Badweb picked his up from RPM in Greenville, SC on Friday. His was number 90; the dealership also has number 91 as a demo. Hopefully yours shows up any day now, weather permitting!

I will have to wait till Wednesday to find out, European Motorsports is closed on Monday and Tuesday, I am off on Thursday hope to be able to pick it up then. Could pick it up this weekend, but have first event of the year at Barber. Ready to ride!!!