Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking like late Feb for RX release

EBRforum Expert
    Ahh, obviously EBR has developed unobtanium, which in addition to being indestructible, is also invisible and has no mass, making it the perfect material for brake rotors. The front rotors are already installed, we just can't see them.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Doosh if you are teaching with Ridesmart in Texas this year, I promise I will HUNT YOU DOWN and get a 1 on 1 instruction track day
    Please do. I do plan to tech with RideSmart this year, but I generally only do ECR and Cresson. I can make 1-on-1 available there.

I am starting to do 1-on-1 coaching at ECR on member days as well.

I'm curious as to whether the 125 or so production bikes to be inspected by FIM are going to be going to customers, or dealers as demos or are they mostly production test mules for Journalist. If they're going to customers would could see deliveries in early February but if they are demos then I guess we won't see them until March. This is one bike where I'm all for a technical review, as much as we can get. But the claimed power spec's and no mention of power modes, its one I'd rather ride myself before the jaded moto journalist start picking nits.

Ahh, obviously EBR has developed unobtanium, which in addition to being indestructible, is also invisible and has no mass, making it the perfect material for brake rotors. The front rotors are already installed, we just can't see them.
    I also noticed the front cooling duct is absent as well, guess its also made of the same stuff. Its all an up grade from the ZTL's (Zero Torsional Load) to the ENB ( Emperor's New Brakes) system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    I'm paraphrasing what I learned today

Production mid-February with shipping starting the last week in February. They were very confident in that new timeframe.

Apparently, they are waiting on a couple suppliers to get their production parts to EBR. In the meantime they said it is allowing them to put extra time on the prototypes which is going make the production bikes better than expected. No details given.

No one ever said building a brand new bike company was easy. At least its a very short delay unlike some other startup brands that havent produced anything yet.

Hey Ed,

Any updates or are we still about 5 weeks out from seeing them hit the floor? Shipping last week of Feb makes delivery like the first week of MARCH. UGGHH I hate waiting! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    I can't seem to find the image of the RS racebike with Brembo MC's
    I knew I'd seen an RX race bike with Brembo MC's. Here they are...

EBRforum Novice
    That's Geoff May's bike, with custom-machine top triples at that!

our 1190RS has Accossato pumps on it. Not sure of the exact business relationship between Brembo and Accossato but they build almost the exact same thing. Maybe one does the forging and machinig for the other.

Accossato supplies the 1190RS gas cap too, we use them on our aprilias all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    our 1190RS has Accossato pumps on it. Not sure of the exact business relationship between Brembo and Accossato but they build almost the exact same thing. Maybe one does the forging and machinig for the other.

Accossato supplies the 1190RS gas cap too, we use them on our aprilias all the time
    That RS is the bike that truly impressed me! Enough to come back to the EBR fold on a first year release first gen bike. Truly stunning. The bikes in Orlando appeared to have Nissan pumps, and the rumor mill floated the idea the RX will have Brembo parts. I know EBR store sells the Accossato units for the 1125r and 1190RS. Guess we all still have a lot to be suprised by once the RX's hit the proverbial shelves...

So it looks like Nissan MC's are standard on the RX. Any thoughts from you guys who have taken delivery on brake feel. We know they have power, how's the initial bite and feel.

EBRforum Novice
    The sloppy lever feel in the 1125 was more a function of the rotor mounting scheme and caliper flex than the pump itself.