Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking like late Feb for RX release

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Yea, that doesn't look like anything different to the 1190 RS caliper and rotor set up. Like I said other than "street cred" for marketing purposes, there is no advantage to Brembo doing the calipers and rotors as they are an EBR spec design, but the MC's from them would be a huge plus.
    The stock Nissin caliper doesn't let enough air through it for racing, and it's got some flex. I do think an updated caliper design could bring some advantages, but I've seen no evidence that's in the works.

You can't tell if that's the same caliper or not from this view. The 1190RS caliper is not the same as the 1125r.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Yea, that doesn't look like anything different to the 1190 RS caliper and rotor set up. Like I said other than "street cred" for marketing purposes, there is no advantage to Brembo doing the calipers and rotors as they are an EBR spec design, but the MC's from them would be a huge plus.
    It's conceivable Brembo might bring something to the table to improve the EBR design caliper. Materials, machining, minor redesign? It'll be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

well, I'm certainly not against it. In fact, I'm all for it. All it does is the increase the value proposition of the 1190rx. My only hang up is what ever it is is delaying me from appreciating it in my drive way and local kinks in the road.

I am ready to pull the trigger on one too. Only good thing about this winter is it has kept the miles down on my KTM RC8 trade in. This waiting is killing me!!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...e-ready-to-go/Yea this thread is a bit confusing that based on that, there are at least 125 bikes ready to go to dealers after FIM WSBK inspection next week. Emails from EBR indicate that shipments are delayed until the bikes are inspected. Are the first 100 or so demo bikes for dealers, with customer bikes to follow in the second wave of production? Are they not equipped with the missing mystery parts? Not that it matters but being a history buff I love knowing the great back stories. I'm proud and excited for EBR!

Interesting the production line photographs show no rotors on the bike with front wheel installed. Wish I could get a better look at the master cylinder to see if it is Nissin or Brembo.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/new...241022261.html

EBRforum Novice
    If you look at the photo gallery in the article, you can see that it's clearly a Nissin part.

But, don't despair, Nissin makes some really nice parts, it just depends on if EBR selected those.

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    Interesting the production line photographs show no rotors on the bike with front wheel installed. Wish I could get a better look at the master cylinder to see if it is Nissin or Brembo.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/new...241022261.html
    I picked up on that to. It seems to me quite odd that they would install the calibers and front wheels without the rotors. That may well be the delayed part that has spawned this thread. I could see proceeding with assembly without it, as its not that hard to install after the fact. The calibers definitely have the EBR logo them. On a side note they are going with a thicker frame insulation that covers more of the frame than in years past on the 1125's.

EBRforum Novice
    Any version of the 5mm finned rotor will be fine. I have one wheel with the older 5mm finned rotor from the 2009 race program, and I actually like it better than the newer part with the slots (that don't go all the way through the rotor like the holes did) milled in it. It's probably the wheel itself as much as the rotor.

For me, the main thing is keeping the cost down on the parts. I have three front wheels between two bikes, and between racing and teaching, I can expect to need to replace two of them this year. After a while, the rotors just lose their grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    Any version of the 5mm finned rotor will be fine. I have one wheel with the older 5mm finned rotor from the 2009 race program, and I actually like it better than the newer part with the slots (that don't go all the way through the rotor like the holes did) milled in it. It's probably the wheel itself as much as the rotor.

For me, the main thing is keeping the cost down on the parts. I have three front wheels between two bikes, and between racing and teaching, I can expect to need to replace two of them this year. After a while, the rotors just lose their grip.
    Doosh if you are teaching with Ridesmart in Texas this year, I promise I will HUNT YOU DOWN and.....

get a 1 on 1 instruction track day with you so I can learn how to really ride this thing, plus sponge up all the tricks you have learned from years of punishing the 1125r on the track!