Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking like late Feb for RX release

Looking like late Feb for RX release

I'm paraphrasing what I learned today

Production mid-February with shipping starting the last week in February. They were very confident in that new timeframe.

Apparently, they are waiting on a couple suppliers to get their production parts to EBR. In the meantime they said it is allowing them to put extra time on the prototypes which is going make the production bikes better than expected. No details given.

No one ever said building a brand new bike company was easy. At least its a very short delay unlike some other startup brands that havent produced anything yet.

Ouch! Oh well rather it be right than rushed. And so we wait....

I heard they are also waiting on WSBK to come and count the bike built, they won't make it to Troy until the end of the month. I bet money the parts hold up is Brembo! That is ok, I guess I can wait another month to get Brembo brakes.

EBRforum Novice
    Has anyone seen a picture of this brembo braking system or have confident knowledge it actually exists?

I did a track day at Road Atlanta in November and Geoff May was their do some durability testing on the engine, he told me they where still waiting on the Brembo version of the ZTL brake system, said they had developed a new rotor (still perimeter brake system) and that they where hoping to go with that on the RX. All the prototypes shown in Orlando still had the Nissin brake system. That is just a guess on my part about what the hold up is.

EBRforum Novice
    I'm suspicious of the brembo rumor despite its source

Got to go with Doosh on that one. I'm skeptical of the existence of a Brembo ZTL on the RX despite having seen a photo of the race bike RS with Brembo logos for both master cylinders. Between the weather and holidays any number of parts could have been delayed. A photo posetd on the EBR Facebook site shows production bikes with calipers, master cylinders and ect installed, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	729527.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	149

I can't tell if they are Brembo or not from the photo. I can't seem to find the image of the RS racebike with Brembo MC's and I don't recall which internet site first started the rumor. Motorcycle Daily perhaps... An email from EBR cites a hold for WSBK inspection at the end of the month. While I certainly welcome Brembo's expertise in all likely hood they would still be manufacturing to an EBR spec for the calipers at least, though I'd gladly welcome their master cylinders. Either way I'm fairly sure it will be worth the wait.
    Last edited by Classax; 01-15-2014 at 09:43 AM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1190 rs front wheel.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	150

Here is it. Same one as on the street version, at least my 2012.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by ljm View Post
    Maybe. I need to see it from the front side to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ljm View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1190 rs front wheel.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	150

Yea, that doesn't look like anything different to the 1190 RS caliper and rotor set up. Like I said other than "street cred" for marketing purposes, there is no advantage to Brembo doing the calipers and rotors as they are an EBR spec design, but the MC's from them would be a huge plus.