Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NICE tires

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I will be replacing the Corsa's with Pirelli Angel GT's once they are worn out. I had a set on my B-King and loved them. I am not too terribly aggressive, but they lasted just over 8k miles before I replaced them with another set.
    that's a pretty hard set of tires on a superbike. I've installed tons of Angel GTs on buell xbs, but man, this is a superbike! They do last forever, but they are HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Class -

The RX turns fine, especially if you drop the forks a little.
    The XB series Buell's handle much better, or should I say quicker than the RX. The RX won't give back 9 cents change after a sharp (dime sized!) corner like the XB bikes will.
    I currently have an XB, a 1125CR and the RX. And that's the order of handling expertise each bike has...in my opinion. The RX is by no means bad, it handles better than my (past) S1000RR BMW. Stock chassis wise, the XB is quicker to change directions.

Mike
    I could not agree with you more about the XB series machines! In fact the XB9r was named the best cornering bike of all time by Fast Bikes. To the RX's defense, the XB's are 3 whole inches shorter in wheelbase with a 180 rear and 3 degrees steeper rake. Not to mention one typically arrives at the end of straight carrying considerably more steam on the RX as you hit the braking zone with about 40 extra pounds of motorcycle to flick about. The fact that it is in the ball park is astounding. Whenever I hop off the RX on to the 1199 the Pani always feels like a truck despite being a bit lighter. Even my beloved RSV4 is like riding a bucking bull compared to the RX.

EBRforum Newb
    I agree with both of you. My XB was a beast in the mountains and on the streets. I used to stick to the back tire of a friends R1 in the mountains and it drove him nuts. But I have two plans for mine when running on the streets to help. One, is dropping the triples. Second, is bumping up to a shorter sprocket without adding chain length. This will basically shorten the wheelbase. This should help it's street manners and keep me from having to change chains when going back to a track setup. I'll report back once I've finished testing with results.
    Last edited by darkducati; 07-21-2016 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Big ass thumbs on a cell phone

EBRforum Junkie
    Ha...my RX is relegated to the garage for a while...so I'm back on my XB12 till I can get a new regulator for the RX...
    I forgot how nice the XB head lights are. Mine have HID bulbs in them...really nice, but the handling is great.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike; 07-20-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkducati View Post
    I agree with both of you. My XB was a beast in the mountains and on the streets. I used to stick to the back tire of a friends R1 in the mountains and it drove him nuts. But I have two plans for mine when running on the streets to help. One, is dropping the triples. Second, is bumping up to a shorter sprocket without adding chain length. This will basically shorten the wheelbase. This should help it's street manners and keep me from having to change chains when going back to a track setup. I'll report back once I've finished testing with results.
    Good luck with that lower gearing on the short chain... I tried the 44 with stock chain and the bike became a unicycle at any reasonable application of throttle from 1st thru 4th. I'm no Geoff May, so I'm not comfortable with wheelies while still leaned a good bit over. The bike didn't seem to mind, but none the less I went back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by darkducati View Post
    Good luck with that lower gearing on the short chain... I tried the 44 with stock chain and the bike became a unicycle at any reasonable application of throttle from 1st thru 4th. I'm no Geoff May, so I'm not comfortable with wheelies while still leaned a good bit over. The bike didn't seem to mind, but none the less I went back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Bike should not wheelie that easy, I am running the 44t sprocket with 118 link chain, suspension is set up properly and the only way I carry the front end on the track is hammering it like hell in 1st-2nd gear. Have a suspension pro who knows the Buell/EBR chassis set up your suspension, and it will make a world of difference.

The 118 chain buys you about 1/2" more wheel base over a 116 with a 44, which to me settled the bike down, but for COTA and TWS it makes sense to stay stock. On a short track I'll go back to the 44.