PDA

View Full Version : #121 Totaled

Lost1190
05-19-2016, 10:12 AM
A few weeks ago I low sided my bike. Unfortunately I can not afford another at the moment. I have an assortment of new parts that I have stockpiled. I will not sell individual pieces at the moment. I have $1700 worth of parts and I'm asking $1100 for the lot. Sorry if I did not post correctly.

Jbaker229
05-19-2016, 10:34 AM
Man the damage doesn't look that bad. I bet you could rebuild it for about 2k..

Lost1190
05-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Frame was wiped out :frown:

Man the damage doesn't look that bad. I bet you could rebuild it for about 2k..

d_adams
05-19-2016, 06:03 PM
How much for the bike itself?

Jbaker229
05-19-2016, 09:48 PM
How much for the bike itself?

Someone has the right idea. Perhaps Dean picked up a frame in the online LAP auction?

I wonder how much a frame would be if you contacted EBR? I am sure registering the VIN and what not might be a bit of a hassle. If you only destroyed the left side plastics I would estimate you have $700 in total in fairings+airbox cover+fan, perhaps 1k for a frame and another 300 for miscellaneous parts (grips, clip ons etc.)?

zviadi
05-20-2016, 12:55 AM
On my motorcycle are the same damage after a fall, only the frame that's all right. Visually. Hopefully ...
Also lowside. Something I now also began to worry about my frame ...

Glad, that you ok.

d_adams
05-20-2016, 04:33 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of a track bike.

Lost1190
05-20-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys, the insurance company already took the bike. I still have my Firebolt though!

golfman1966
05-20-2016, 10:47 PM
I was recently run off the road by an inattentive driver in south Texas, similar damage to yours. The girl's insurance wouldn't pay out, so mine asked if i wanted the bike totaled or not. I told them no, I would fix everything on my own. So, I ended up with a $5k insurance check with a $1k repair bill. I have a little dent in the frame that is of no consequence, and ended up with a new race ecm, and other doodads such as R&G sliders that give me some peace of mind.

My plan is to start a thread showing my path to figuring out and repairing a bike that was several months ago completely unfamiliar to me.

If anyone ever had a question about a good motorcycle insurance policy, I highly recommend Progressive.

Jbaker229
05-27-2016, 02:58 PM
I was recently run off the road by an inattentive driver in south Texas, similar damage to yours. The girl's insurance wouldn't pay out, so mine asked if i wanted the bike totaled or not. I told them no, I would fix everything on my own. So, I ended up with a $5k insurance check with a $1k repair bill. I have a little dent in the frame that is of no consequence, and ended up with a new race ecm, and other doodads such as R&G sliders that give me some peace of mind.

My plan is to start a thread showing my path to figuring out and repairing a bike that was several months ago completely unfamiliar to me.

If anyone ever had a question about a good motorcycle insurance policy, I highly recommend Progressive.

Sounds awesome! I cannot wait for the build thread!