PDA

View Full Version : Now what the hell...

Mike
04-18-2016, 07:36 AM
Driving down the freeway, bout 5am, about 80mph, the dash lights go out, along with the blinkers and probably the tail light..! Headlight was fine, engine was fine.
Anyone with similar happenings ?

Mike

Ryanap123
04-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Sounds like you need to find out where the circuit is open or shorting out. Im getting my new ebr delivered to me saturday. Im very curious to find out the lighting problem.

buell-fan
04-18-2016, 06:00 PM
When I was looking at which EBR I was going to buy I noticed that mass of wires of the harness makes a hard bend into the RX,s front fairing support, and is being bent back and forth there with every hard rotation of the bars, lock to lock. Could be that it disconnected itself from a plug or that could be the source of why those few screens that were reported as going bad. (Pullinjg on the mother board connection and making it loose, if I remember right.)

Mike
04-22-2016, 02:25 PM
My problem seems to be in the box.
If I push on the more left side of the dash box, it (the power) goes out and restarts. About 1/3rd of the time when I push on the odometer or milage buttons, the power goes out, comes back on. On one hand it's not a huge deal on it's own, but two things, the direction lights also go out...and how much worse is it gonna get..?

Anyone have a properly working dash cluster for sale ?

Mike

GJB
04-22-2016, 04:43 PM
I had same problems and bought a new dash. Recently got an email from EBR saying that they were looking into this issue due to multiple reports.
recommending contacting Tech@ebr.com and let them know.

Mike
04-23-2016, 10:19 AM
GJB -

Thanks, will get a hold of them, see what happens.

Mike

GJB
04-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Mike

Where are the odometer buttons? I cant find any buttons that get get miles/odo to display??

Gavin

buell-fan
04-23-2016, 09:59 PM
Mike

Where are the odometer buttons? I cant find any buttons that get get miles/odo to display??

Gavin

Does your dash display look like this? The left side of the dash, bottom button changes trip meter, fuel display and odometer to the desired setting.

GJB
04-24-2016, 10:25 AM
It does look like that (other than having a drag strip in front :)). Bu bottom button toggles between 'split time, and 'service due'

Mike
04-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Yes, same dash...outwardly, visually anyway.
Push of the bottom button is the various fuel milages, and push of the center button is the various miles/odometer button.

Mike

GJB
04-25-2016, 10:12 PM
So my bottom and middle buttons do not do anything to change the display. This is all I get. I have tried every combination of button pushing and cannot get milage to display. I have a programmable race ECU, but I wouldn't think that should change the functionality of the dash???

buell-fan
04-26-2016, 12:01 PM
GJB, the functions on the dash shouldn't change. It will even record milage with the programmable race ecm. Something seems locked into a specific mode. Try turning off the lap counter function, that is what is displayed so it may switch back once off. Tim at IDS is technical support and made the programs, so if that doesn't work see what IDS can do for you.

http://idspd.com/xcart/?target=main

M1Combat
04-27-2016, 04:34 AM
Yeah get it out of lap timer mode.

GJB
04-27-2016, 09:01 PM
How do I get it out of lap timer mode?

TerryS1980
04-28-2016, 04:56 AM
In here---->>http://www.erikbuellracing.nu/EBR-1190-RX/2014-1190RX-SX-Owners-Manual.pdf

GJB
04-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Perfect, thanks!

Mike
04-29-2016, 07:17 PM
You should now have a clock, miles odometer, (2) trip odometers on the center button, and a bunch of silly fuel mileage choices on the lower button.
Woulda been MUCH better with a coolant temperature and a volt readouts in place of the cute mileage things..!

Mike

yamatr3
04-29-2016, 08:13 PM
I would love to have temp! Wish they could reprogram it to add that.

TerryS1980
04-30-2016, 02:30 AM
It has temp in diagnostics as well as live data from all the other sensors.

Mike
05-01-2016, 10:53 AM
"Diagnostics" do little to nothing...on the road, in heavy summer, stop and go traffic..!

Mike

Mike
06-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Well, I think my gauge panel has finally failed. Yesterday morning, all I got was a bright white screen. After starting the engine a total of three times, and just "giving it a try" two more times...white screen.

Luckily I was able to get a new one from the LAP crew, so It will be getting swapped (IN !) this weekend.

Mike

golfman1966
06-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Woulda been MUCH better with a coolant temperature and a volt readouts in place of the cute mileage things..!

Mike

I agree Mike. When I first purchased the bike I spent time cycling through the various options on the dash to find where i could find valuable information like coolant temperature, etc. I was surprised to find the only option was essentially an idiot light telling you that you were running hot. I suppose the good news should be it is only a matter of programming to get some valuable at-a-glance info on the cluster eventually.