PDA

View Full Version : Setup changes?

bueller757
04-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Getting for ready for trip to the dragon and wondering if I should leave factory recommended setup from manual or make some revisions before making the trip. I weigh in around 192 and am 5'11". Is factory setup to soft for turns of this nature? I have not been to dragon before any suggestions would be appreciated.

golfman1966
04-13-2016, 05:50 AM
My suggestion would be to use the factory settings, then stop by Wheeler's Performance and have them set it up (http://www.wheelersperformance.com). This place is about 12 miles from the Dragon on US129 towards Robbinsville, NC. Get there early because he books up quickly.

The last time I had him do this for me I think he charged me something around $30. Well worth it.

Not sure where you're coming from, but if you're not used to a "real" curvy road be careful for the first few passes. Every year we have someone from either Texas or Indiana run off the side of the mountain or into oncoming traffic simply because they were riding beyond their skill level. Don't pose for the photographers.

Also be sure to check out the Foothills Parkway and Cherohala Skyway while you're here. Message me if you'd like some other places to check out.

noone1569
04-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Factory suggested settings are very good; I like a extra click of preload in the shock, seems to help it. Wheelers knows their **** though. Good suggestion there.

And hey now, I'm from Indiana. The guy that ran off last year was from Ohio. We have 5-6 curves here in Indiana. haha

bueller757
04-13-2016, 07:28 PM
from VA, hit the parkway before and practice carrying speed on exit ramps in Hampton roads area. nice backroads around here, just never THIS technical! not looking to outride anyone, just want to meet some cool people who appreciate these awesome bikes and ride how they like to ride, on the side of the tire. I appreciate everyone's feedback and thanks again! maybe i'll get to meet some of you there.

noone1569
04-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Bueller757, hope to see you next week.

golfman1966
04-14-2016, 05:53 PM
If you see a guy in black leathers riding a Daytona 675R, you're probably seeing me (EBR is in Texas).