PDA

View Full Version : More muffler problems

Mike
04-04-2016, 09:14 PM
While adjusting the chain this weekend, I noticed a rosette weld that's cracked. It's almost straight down from the shifter pedal.
The parent metal cracked outside of the weld bead, about half way around the weld...
Makes two broken muffler welds on my bike. The locator tab that originally broke is holding up well, so far...12,8xx miles.

Mike

zviadi
04-05-2016, 03:54 AM
Mine second time also cracked.
I weld and go further.

noone1569
04-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Get rid of that heavy ass muffler and get a Dean Adams exhaust. That won't crack =)

buell-fan
04-05-2016, 11:00 AM
The entire muffler was not welded well at all, causing the metal to crack along the edge of the tab welds especially. I have cracks forming around the edges of the welds also.

Mike
04-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Yea...sure..!
Any of those "race" mufflers aren't even something I can think of. I leave the house at 4:30 am, and there two next door neighbor bedrooms about 12 and 18 feet from my garage door..!

I have a Barker system on my old CR. That got me kicked out of a secure parking spot at work because it scared the girls in the guard shack when the engine started..! That loud bang that the Buell/Rotax engines have when they start will wake the dead. Wasn't a big deal with the guy who used to be there, but when he retired, girls took over the guard duty.

Mike

d_adams
04-06-2016, 06:04 AM
Tell them they need to man up.

rx1190kevin
04-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Tell them they need to man up.

Yeah I have the deans Adams exhaust and I love it,when I fire that bad boy up I walk it into the street and turn it down the block,fire it up and nurse it outta there,lol. The bike now preforms the way that it should have from the factory,but because of the exhaust laws it couldn't.

Plotter
04-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Yeah I have the deans Adams exhaust and I love it,when I fire that bad boy up I walk it into the street and turn it down the block,fire it up and nurse it outta there,lol. The bike now preforms the way that it should have from the factory,but because of the exhaust laws it couldn't.

A great exhaust, I agree... but it was too loud and I had to sell mine... I have the tips now... a happy medium... If I ever track my bike, I'll head back down the DAD way...

rx1190kevin
04-07-2016, 07:48 AM
A great exhaust, I agree... but it was too loud and I had to sell mine... I have the tips now... a happy medium... If I ever track my bike, I'll head back down the DAD way...

Yeah,its uber loud,but it does say "track use only" My buddy has a 1125 with a barker,when we ride together its like stereo THUNDER!

Plotter
04-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Yeah,its uber loud,but it does say "track use only" My buddy has a 1125 with a barker,when we ride together its like stereo THUNDER!

Agreed, but, the ECM for the tips says track use only as well.

I bet it's pretty awesome hearing you guys screaming down the road from a safe distance.

rx1190kevin
04-08-2016, 06:12 AM
Agreed, but, the ECM for the tips says track use only as well.

I bet it's pretty awesome hearing you guys screaming down the road from a safe distance.

Yeah,the power pulse's are pretty wicket when they smack your foot! Thanks Dean for the brilliant nasty snarling beastie that is your design��