PDA

View Full Version : New 1190SX owner in Upstate N.Y

scotman623
04-03-2016, 10:37 AM
I just bought bike #152 in Laguna Blue yesterday. 2014 with only 2 miles on it , only fired up and tested at the factory in 2014..This is my 23 brand new bike, I m really happy about joining the EBR community..Now I need to find and exhaust and do some easy mods, Any ideas or help ? Thanks Scott Reynolds

ReadyXB
04-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Congratulations! And at a great price!

buell-fan
04-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Congrats on a sweet new ride. Easy and inexpensive mods include shortening the tail light stalk by cutting three inches out of the center and epoxying the two pieces inside each other, shorten the front turn signal stalks by replacing them with a set rear units, replace the rabbit ear style mirrors with bar end mirrors, replace the stock handlebars to drag bars to give a different ride height and position, "de-noid" the throttle body of the solenoid assembly or just remove the solenoid's pull cable, also clean up the electronic harness routing out from in front of the intake air flow while in the air box. More expensive mods include getting the programmable ecu and different muffler system from Dean Adams designs, sprocket ratio changes and speed calibration can be done easily enough with the new ecu too, from what I understand. Enjoy!

qurtrn10
04-03-2016, 05:56 PM
I just bought bike #152 in Laguna Blue yesterday. 2014 with only 2 miles on it , only fired up and tested at the factory in 2014..This is my 23 brand new bike, I m really happy about joining the EBR community..Now I need to find and exhaust and do some easy mods, Any ideas or help ? Thanks Scott Reynolds

Congrats! Check you inbox.

qurtrn10
04-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Congrats on a sweet new ride. Easy and inexpensive mods include shortening the tail light stalk by cutting three inches out of the center and epoxying the two pieces inside each other, shorten the front turn signal stalks by replacing them with a set rear units, replace the rabbit ear style mirrors with bar end mirrors, replace the stock handlebars to drag bars to give a different ride height and position, "de-noid" the throttle body of the solenoid assembly or just remove the solenoid's pull cable, also clean up the electronic harness routing out from in front of the intake air flow while in the air box. More expensive mods include getting the programmable ecu and different muffler system from Dean Adams designs, sprocket ratio changes and speed calibration can be done easily enough with the new ecu too, from what I understand. Enjoy!

+1 to everything here. In addition, there is a lighter clutch pull kit available. If you ride in traffic it might be worth it.

What modifications are you interested in?

Jbaker229
04-04-2016, 06:29 PM
+1 to everything here. In addition, there is a lighter clutch pull kit available. If you ride in traffic it might be worth it.

It seems to me that the clutch gets a bit easier as the bike breaks in. That or my hands have gotten stronger.

buell-fan
04-04-2016, 07:26 PM
It seems to me that the clutch gets a bit easier as the bike breaks in. That or my hands have gotten stronger.

I think mine has gotten a touch easier with a few more miles on it too. When I bought my bike it came with the easy pull clutch kit installed and I promptly pulled the thing apart and reinstalled the heavy springs, leaving the easy pull actuator piston in place. This way they give more spring pressure on the clutch pack but the acutator eases the pull by way of hydraulics. It seems to be the best of both world's really.

scotman623
04-04-2016, 09:08 PM
I have emailed Dean about his slip on exhaust and race ECM he makes, this will be the first mod I do.. I will also be buying radiator and oil cooler cover protectors, Found on ebay. I plan on replacing front signals and doing something with the rear fender..I will take pics when I pick it up the week of the 11th.. I leave for Austin for the Moto GP races from the 7TH- 12TH of April....Thanks for any and all advice!! Scott

d_adams
04-05-2016, 06:16 AM
AF1 had an awesome deal on the radiators a little while back. $200 a set, I also picked up the R&G screens for them at the same time. All together it set me back maybe $400 or $500?

d_adams
04-05-2016, 06:17 AM
Also, there's a track day at the end of April at ECR in Slidell TX, about an hour north of Dallas. Looks like it will be mostly (if not all) Buell and EBR bikes that weekend.

rusko466
04-05-2016, 10:08 AM

I've heard the original clutch update kit was a little weak and there were reports of some slippage, and no one likes slippage.

rusko466
04-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Where abouts in upstate are you? I'm just south of Albany but frequent the Syracuse area.

scotman623
04-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Where abouts in upstate are you? I'm just south of Albany but frequent the Syracuse area.
I'm North of Albany in Saratoga Springs, About 30 minutes from Albany..We will have to meet up for a ride this summer..

scotman623
04-05-2016, 12:39 PM
AF1 had an awesome deal on the radiators a little while back. $200 a set, I also picked up the R&G screens for them at the same time. All together it set me back maybe $400 or $500?
Thanks for all the info you helped me with when I emailed you about the slip on exhaust, I will be placing order when I get back from Moto GP races next week.

rusko466
04-05-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm North of Albany in Saratoga Springs, About 30 minutes from Albany..We will have to meet up for a ride this summer..

Definitely, it will sound like the apocalypse if we both get deans setup.