PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a 2016?

Ed / AF1 Racing
03-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Who is ready to ready to throw down with a deposit on a 2016 now that the prices have been released?

What dealers have confirmed they are signing on?

ljm
03-19-2016, 01:19 AM
Thinking about it, Ed. Like the looks of the Patriot edition (5 of them made I gather, #1 to be auctioned for charity). Would want to see the cost on one of those, and what if any updates have been done with the 16's. Not interested in the mythical ABS, rumored to be coming and have never turned my traction control on. Don't even know if it works, so those are not issues for me. Guess that is not a sure thing, but at least thinking about it.

yzf29
03-19-2016, 10:08 AM
Is AF1 going to continue to be an EBR dealer?

d_adams
03-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Thinking about it, Ed. Like the looks of the Patriot edition (5 of them made I gather, #1 to be auctioned for charity). Would want to see the cost on one of those, and what if any updates have been done with the 16's. Not interested in the mythical ABS, rumored to be coming and have never turned my traction control on. Don't even know if it works, so those are not issues for me. Guess that is not a sure thing, but at least thinking about it.

I thought I had heard somewhere around $18k for the patriotic version. No ABS as of yet. Updates are some engine internals, split tail plastic, modified subframe trellis and a few other bits. Obviously color changes are another.

Hughlysses
03-19-2016, 01:01 PM
I thought I had heard somewhere around $18k for the patriotic version. No ABS as of yet. Updates are some engine internals, split tail plastic, modified subframe trellis and a few other bits. Obviously color changes are another.

I saw your photos of the split tail on FB, but I wasn't 100% sure what was different. I wonder if that simplified the casting process or if they were cracking there?

d_adams
03-19-2016, 07:39 PM
They cracked on quite a few of them. 3 sets for me and I know of many others. The thought was it was from lifting or pulling on the tail section. It doesn't take much at all to crack them. I've never had a passenger on mine and it still managed to happen. I know for sure I never pulled on the tail section anywhere.

buell-fan
03-20-2016, 09:01 AM
Dean, it would be great if you post up some pics so we can know right where to look for these subframe cracks. Thanks.

Hughlysses
03-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Dean, it would be great if you post up some pics so we can know right where to look for these subframe cracks. Thanks.

It was the plastic part below the seat he was talking about, not the actual subframe.