PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for EBR Open House

noone1569
03-14-2016, 09:39 AM
Just kind of want to see who is going to be there. It'll be nice to put some faces with these anonymous internet names!

I am going; coming up from Indianapolis, roughly 300 miles.

d_adams
03-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Maybe. You got a place reserved already or not staying overnight?

noone1569
03-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Maybe. You got a place reserved already or not staying overnight?

Prob head up thurs night and stay somewhere. Shoot me a message

Edit: booked a double room at the QUALITY INN in East Troy. All blazing 2 stars worth of hotel.

Ace117
03-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Ill be up there, flying in from TN

Doug Porcaro
03-14-2016, 12:50 PM
I'll be there. Hour drive from my house :)

DkRider
03-15-2016, 09:04 AM
If I wasn't at sea right now, then I would have jumped on a flight from Denmark. I really wish i could be there.

Speedy13
03-16-2016, 09:08 PM
I'll be there early

yzf29
03-16-2016, 09:10 PM
I will not

however-those who are- please keep us updated!!

Hughlysses
03-17-2016, 02:14 PM
I was really hoping we'd have heard something from the moto-press by now but all appears to be silent. There do appear to have been some recent changes to the webpage at www.ebr.com (http://www.ebr.com), but you kind of have to dig to find them. The pages for the RX and SX now say "EBR Motorcycles gives you the 2016...", but as far as I can tell, no specs have been changed (not even "bold new colors"), and no MSRP's are listed. The race team page has been updated, all the old WSBK stuff has been deleted and it basically says check back for more info on EBR support for private and professional racers. The "store" page takes you to LAP's website with ordering instructions and the link to the available parts/pricing sheet.

Hopefully we'll hear something by tomorrow; if not I'm sure one of you who's going to the open house will fill us in.

Hughlysses
03-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Tiny snippet of info from today's press event: http://www.jsonline.com/business/new-2016-erik-buell-racing-motorcycles-arrive-b99690011z1-372472241.html

Doug Porcaro
03-19-2016, 12:50 AM
I had a really great time. It was so cool seeing inside the factory and the assembly lines and everything. At the end of my tour I learned that our guide was/is on their styling team. We talked about how the gorgeous timelessness of the RX is like the 2005 Ford GT being nearly the same as the GT40 yet they're forty years apart and both still look amazing today and will still look amazing in forty years and so on forever because true beauty is timeless. Like big cats. We also talked about how the sharp shocking edgy cool transformer look that dominates current styling is merely a trend and in ten or twenty years will date these vehicles to this time period kinda like what happened in the 80's. Much of which still looks cool but dated nonetheless. I felt pretty good sharing a similar design philosophy with a creator of quite possibly the sexiest bike ever.

He also said there's a good possibility that the new pitch black or "midnight" black color option for the SX could soon be available on the RX as all their fairings are painted now. I cannot wait to see how that looks. I'm pretty sure I'll fall even deeper in love.

Also the stunter was great to watch and I really enjoyed my free hotdogs. I didn't want to leave.