PDA

View Full Version : Want to install a quick shifter (Stock shift pattern)

Motor1
02-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Just purchased Race ECM with exhaust tip finish kit. I want to take advantage of the ECM's ability to signal a quick shifter. Does anyone know of a Brand (such as Dynojet), and part number, etc?
Thanks for your help.

mackja
02-09-2016, 10:03 PM
dynoJet switch works great, you will have to rig up a way to make it work, a linear switch may be the best way to go. Mounting the switch to the shifter lever and a fixed point on the engine is the only way i can think of to make it work with standard shift set up. Switch will wire up to the kick stand switch harness, (no kick stand switch on USA models) I bought the same connector and wired it to the dynojet switch and just pluged it in. I can help you with a GP shift set up, have not done one with standard shift yet.

GJB
02-09-2016, 10:46 PM
i made a shift lever using a GSXR shifter and extenstion and installed the dynojet QS into the shift rod.

Ace117
02-10-2016, 12:50 AM
LAP has an EBR Quickshifter kit for sale but its GP shift pattern, I ordered one amongst various other parts. Heres the part number if your interested, its $79 cheper than MSRP.

N1620A.14BX Quickshifter Kit, GP Shift Pattern $319.99

buell-fan
04-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Mackja, I could use some input on that quickshifter that you hooked up. How did you need to make it communicate with the race ecm? And how does the linear switch actually work with our shifter? I can't move my shifter up or down under load (on throttle) at all to make it communicate with the race ecm.

mackja
04-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Mackja, I could use some input on that quickshifter that you hooked up. How did you need to make it communicate with the race ecm? And how does the linear switch actually work with our shifter? I can't move my shifter up or down under load (on throttle) at all to make it communicate with the race ecm.

it is plug and play, blue wire from Dynojet switch to the brown wire on bike, and green switch wire to black/white strip wire of the bike. Red wire is not used. As long as you have the race ECm it should work just fine. Make sure you have the right switch, if you have a pull type and need a push or vise versa it wont work either.

buell-fan
04-01-2017, 10:23 PM
The linear switch does not seem to want to work with my bike. I cannot move the shift arm either up or down under load at all, and therefore the switch doesn't move. The LED on the dynojet switch does come on when it is "supposed to" per the setup instructions, with the bike off, indicating the thing is wired right. Did you have to make the ecm recognize the quickshifter?

Fullmonte
04-02-2017, 12:08 AM
LAP has an EBR Quickshifter kit for sale but its GP shift pattern, I ordered one amongst various other parts. Heres the part number if your interested, its $79 cheper than MSRP.

N1620A.14BX Quickshifter Kit, GP Shift Pattern $319.99

Where'd you find that price?

mackja
04-02-2017, 06:46 AM
The linear switch does not seem to want to work with my bike. I cannot move the shift arm either up or down under load at all, and therefore the switch doesn't move. The LED on the dynojet switch does come on when it is "supposed to" per the setup instructions, with the bike off, indicating the thing is wired right. Did you have to make the ecm recognize the quickshifter?

Nope, I have done three bikes and I have never had any problems, but I have never used a linear switch either.

buell-fan
04-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Which model switch did you use? Forgive me to seeming a bit confused now, but the "sliding" Dynojet switch is what I have seen others install on their RX's for the track, correct? (Unless they went with the shift rod configuration like the EBR kits use). My kit is part #4-104. Push.

d_adams
04-02-2017, 07:46 AM
That was last year's sale price when they reopened. It's $399 now.

mackja
04-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Which model switch did you use? Forgive me to seeming a bit confused now, but the "sliding" Dynojet switch is what I have seen others install on their RX's for the track, correct? (Unless they went with the shift rod configuration like the EBR kits use). My kit is part #4-104. Push.

I have always used the pressure pull type switch with a GP shift set up. I really don't understand why the linear type switch is not working. I would contact DynoJet tech assistance.

buell-fan
04-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your input Mackja. I had intended on giving them a call Monday if we couldn't figure it out this weekend.

toxicf16
04-05-2017, 05:24 PM
Buell-fan,

Any progress getting your QS to work?

buell-fan
04-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Buell-fan,

Any progress getting your QS to work?

Not yet. I haven't had the time to get too deep into it yet. It doesn't appear to be communicating with the ecm. I need the name attached to the race ecm's cell that controls the quick shifter, then I hope to be able to diagnose it.

86bgn
09-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem....

Cooter
09-26-2017, 12:13 PM
I am too. The dash sees the signal in the diagnostics under side stand voltage, but won't actually function.

86bgn
09-26-2017, 12:23 PM
I am too. The dash sees the signal in the diagnostics under side stand voltage, but won't actually function.

That's where i am at, and my opinion is, if the shift arm does not move when the transmission is loaded on acceleration it is not going to actually activate the Quickshift.

toxicf16
09-26-2017, 03:28 PM
I just bit the bullet and bought the "EBR" one from Jens at NCCR. I don't have enough good to say about the whole experience. Jens is a class act and the QS is extraordinarily smooth.

86bgn
09-26-2017, 04:17 PM
I just bit the bullet and bought the "EBR" one from Jens at NCCR. I don't have enough good to say about the whole experience. Jens is a class act and the QS is extraordinarily smooth.

That's great, He is a super nice guy, and i am sure it is a quality piece..... This one does not use a pressure switch in the linkage. This is a linear switch.

EBRRider
09-26-2017, 06:54 PM
After reading the challenges that you all are having with installing a pressure switch, I really am lucky I was able to pick up a EBR QS from a Board member here ,thank you:cheers::cheers:

Cooter
09-26-2017, 10:29 PM
Lucky guy^^^^

The 'linear' switch is just a pressure switch that will slide to not restrict the sifter lever, so that doesn't matter. They both just send ground to the ECM. Heck it's all they CAN do. Besides the Dynojet 4-104 sensor DOES work on a friends RX. Hurumph!

I'm surprised there less info about them anywhere, I think it's one of the best mods you can do!

EBRRider
09-27-2017, 09:44 AM
He has made up 3 sets that work.

You might want to touch bases with member mackja

(http://ebrforum.com/member.php?129-mackja)http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?257-GP-Shift-Po5-ddll/page2

(http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?257-GP-Shift-Po5-ddll/page2)

Cooter
09-28-2017, 12:03 AM
I saw that thread, heck I posted in it! haha.
Still doesn't explain why the 4-104 sensor doesn't work on mine (with either ECM), when it works on another 1190. The EBR shifter uses a sensor identical to a Dynojet 4-113. Still just a switch that gives continuity to ground when activated. Crazy.

d_adams
09-30-2017, 08:07 AM
"ECM needs a signal ground reference and a signal. Some sensors require 5VDC for power, that's the 3rd wire."

The EBR kit does not use the power wire. Only 2 are required. Tan/white goes to the sidestand switch, Black/white goes to pin 28, sensor ground #2, both of these are on the gray ecm connection.
From looking at the dynojet documentation, it's a 2 wire switch and does not matter which wire connects to the harness. It's just a momentary interrupt, sends a signal to the ecm saying "hey, kill power a second" and that's it.