PDA

View Full Version : valve adjustment

lagunabluesx
01-31-2016, 05:51 PM
Okay, so I've done the valve adjustment on both of my Buell 1125r,and CR's with no problems. I have the "service manual", I don't find it helpful in the least for the valve adjustment. So my question is if anyone has done a write up or you tube of the valve adjustment on the SX. I opened up the airbox for the first time since I've had it and with the nozzle jets encased in plastic it looks entirely different than the Buell. On the Buell, I split the front end (gas tank front wheel, triple tree etc.) from the engine to do the valve adjustment and found it to be easy enough for someone like myself with limited mechanical abilities. I do have the 2010 Buell 1125 service manual but a this stage of the job I don't see it offering any help.
Thanks is advance for your helpful guidance!

qurtrn10
06-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Were you able to find the information you needed? I've got a while to go before I have to do mine, but I'm wondering if I should attempt it myself when the time comes.

Laguna Blue in Michigan... - Is this Tim?

William (Laguna Blue #145)

noone1569
06-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Its not that bad.

Remove complete air box
remove injector assembly/throttle boddies
pull intake out from front (helps to remove wheel)
I like to remove the tail/subframe completely, helps a bit
Pull front valve cover out from intake (through the front)
Not too bad there.

Mike
06-04-2016, 11:07 PM
Basically what noone said.

Differences...
1. Remove the air box lid.
2. Remove the injector assembly/bracket.
3. Remove the throttle bodies.
4. Remove the air box bottom.
5. Remove the rear shock from the upper bracket.
6. Remove the air intake tube. (I pulled mine out from the top)
7. The rear cam cover comes of fairly easy.
8. "My" front cam cover was a pain in the butt. I had to remove some metal from the inside to get it properly back into place. It hit the frame and cam support hard. Once I removed material where it hit the cam support...no problem.

Then do the same check and shim replace as with the 1125.

The electrical harnesses, vacuum and fuel lines can be a bit of a pain...just take your time. Maybe take a few pictures JUST after removing the air box top..!
Also...if you haven't yet...a good air filter cleaning is a good bet to do now too..!

Mike