PDA

View Full Version : Hotbodies Racing buyone get one free!!

mackja
11-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Hotbodies is have a big sale on their race body kits, if anyone wants to go in 50/50 and get a set for $425.00 each let me know.

kneepucker
11-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Hotbodies is have a big sale on their race body kits, if anyone wants to go in 50/50 and get a set for $425.00 each let me know.

I'm in! PM your paypal address and I'll send funds.

yamatr3
11-03-2015, 07:16 PM
I want too also. Anyone else want to go in?

DkRider
11-04-2015, 06:40 AM
Im in.. if you can ship it to Denmark at my cost.. ;)

buell-fan
11-23-2015, 09:53 PM
Anybody else get these body parts yet? The Hot Bodies SBK Tail is apparently molded from an RS Carbon Edition tail, (or maybe they were one in the same manufacturer?), because "Carbon Edition" is there on the grey primered tail in raised molding!

kneepucker
11-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Yes, I received mine a couple weeks ago. The set did come with two different tail sections, one to use the stock seat, and the SBK tail designed for seat foam - and yes, the word "Carbon Edition" is visible in the molding. I was very pleased with that!

The thing I found most interesting is the EBR company logo tag inside of each part, which makes me think they made these for use by the EBR factory. Typically other Hotbodies sets I've ordered have "Hotbodies Racing" tags in them, not the motorcycle manufacturer's logo. I'll post pictures up later today of what I'm referring to.

buell-fan
11-24-2015, 12:44 PM
How well did the air box cover fit over the black EBR molded piece?

mackja
11-24-2015, 03:20 PM
fit is a little snug but so far so good, I have mounted up the sbk tail section, air box cover and fairing. Overall I think the kit will be pretty good.

Mike
11-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Not overly happy with the mid (sides) fairing on my bike.
The fairing "lips" do not come close to fitting properly on the fan outlet/duct box. The four fasteners locations in the fan duct will not come close to working, either side.
While the ledge, whatever you want to call that area "seems" almost long enough per the stock body parts, the drilled hole locations are way off location. Warped..? I haven't tried yet, but maybe some heat will help things.

An old race car I used to own with a full fiberglass front end would be a real pain to close if I left it open (tilt front end) too long in hot sun. In the colder winter months, no problem.

Mike

buell-fan
11-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Mike, it sounds like you have the right idea. A heat lamp may be the way to go. One thing is for sure, you don't want the body parts pulling the fan and radiator assembly out of its original mounting position and adding stress to those mounting structures from vibration.

How are you mounting the upper fairing in place? I think I'll need to fab up some type of mounting bracket, as I am working with an SX. The headlight and brackets are much closer to the forks.

kneepucker
11-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Here is the tag I was referring to inside each piece. I've ordered at least half a dozen sets of Hotbodies before, and never seen a manufacturer's logo in them. Makes me think the popped off multiple sets for the EBR race team and ended up stuck with them when EBR went under; or that EBR was going to offer them to the public through their own storefront.
Mike, as far as fitment goes, race bodywork is always a P.I.T.A to get right. I've never had a set that fit perfectly. Even a 3K carbon set on my CBR needed trickery every time I removed the lower.
It'll be a few weeks before I attempt to get mine on the bike, but I'll be sure to post pics once I'm done.

Mike
11-27-2015, 08:09 PM
That did it...

The lower fan duct hole indications on the side panel are in a good location. The upper fan duct "ledge" is about .38" too short to be able to be used. All the pushing in the world will not get the holes for the screws in the correct location. At least...not on my panels.
But drilling the lower panel, to fan duct holes, heat the panel, push on the panel until the fasteners will go in, insert the front fastener and let cool. The back fastener will then fit also. All of the lower and upper mid panel fasteners are in place while doing the heating/cooling.
So...I'm missing two fasteners that you cannot see anyway...

Though...since I'll have to be painting the bike anyway...I ordered a yellow factory mid panel to go on my black (?), "cinnamon" (as Lincoln calls it) bike. They fit like they are supposed to..!

I will keep the Hot bodied panels for the future...just in case.

Mike

P.s. - My panels also have the EBR indicator. I just figured each panel they make has the bike brand on it..!

mackja
11-30-2015, 09:13 AM
Mounted the left side lower last night, fit is good, bought some snap clip dzus fittings to use on the four fan shroud mounts, will mount the other side and post up a few pics. Next is to order Dean Adams exhaust then finish up the belly pan.

d_adams
11-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Today is the last day of the sale I've had running if you want to save a little coin.

yamatr3
11-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Today is the last day of the sale I've had running if you want to save a little coin.
What is the sale on?

mackja
12-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Sale was on his EBR exhaust system with pre-programed ECM. Dean I got home late from work, when I checked last knight the sale price was not showing, oh well, I will get one either way. let us know if you decide to put a Christmas special up. Hint hint!! lol

zviadi
01-19-2016, 02:22 PM
I wrote a yesterday to the Hot Bodies - there is no answer. They normally respond to questions?

Can I set their racing bodywork with stock exhaust system? Producing they front fairing with a cut to the headtlight?
I want to completely replace the stock bodywork on the race bodywork and ride on public roads.

yamatr3
01-19-2016, 06:46 PM
here is where I contact them. rick at hotbodiesracing dot com

mackja
01-19-2016, 06:47 PM
To fit the body kit with stock exhaust will take some modification to the belly pan. You could use the stock belly pan with the rest of the Hotbodies kit. That would probably be easier than modifying the kit belly pan.

Doosh
01-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Can I set their racing bodywork with stock exhaust system? Producing they front fairing with a cut to the headtlight?
I want to completely replace the stock bodywork on the race bodywork and ride on public roads.

If you like a good fire it's fine.

zviadi
01-20-2016, 12:31 AM
My stock fairing all cracked from the loads and vibrations, and melted right from the exhaust pipe.

Tell me, please - a stock rider saddle normally install on the racing back fairing?

mackja
01-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Kit comes with two seat options, one will use the stock seat RX, and the second is for the RS, fiberglass seat pan.

zviadi
01-21-2016, 03:20 PM
I mail to Rick today, and here is what he said:

Q: I want to use a race bodywork kit for driving on public roads. Does the front fairing with cutout for headlight?
A: Our race bodywork is strictly made for the race track so there is no cut out for lights at all.

Does anyone on this forum tried to install headlight in the race bodywork? I think Mike wanted to do something like that after his road accident ...

Q: Can I use this race bodywork with stock exhaust system (for example, belly pan)?
A: Yes you can use the OEM exhaust.

The manufacturer claims that this is possible, and no fire is not going to happen.
Whom to believe?
I write to him about it now. Let's wait for his answer.

zviadi
01-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Operational answer of Rick:

The bike we used had the OEM exhaust and I don’t think we had a problem. If it does come close then you could install some heat shield tape to prevent that or cut out the lower for venting.

mackja
01-21-2016, 05:36 PM
The back of the belly pan will be in contact with the exhaust, you would have to cut away that section along with heat shield tape.

Doosh
01-21-2016, 09:05 PM
The back of the belly pan will be in contact with the exhaust, you would have to cut away that section along with heat shield tape.

Yea, and it will catch fire. Effing cats in the stock exhaust are ridiculously hot.

I don't really care if you believe me or not, Zvaidi, I just ask you to run a camera when you go for a ride.

zviadi
01-22-2016, 02:02 AM
Ok.
What part of belly pan heated and fire - 1 or 2?

Very strange, that the heating of the cat does not melt stock fairing, which is thin and fragile... A fiberglass thus melted.

mackja
01-22-2016, 06:21 AM
Heat tape in section 1, back bottom of secton 2 will need to be modified, heat tape also.

zviadi
01-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Thanks.

Doosh
01-22-2016, 09:21 AM
The back of section 2 will need to be cut, as indicated.

The BOTTOM of the belly pan is what is in contact with the exhaust. So, not 1 or 2, but literally the underside.

Even if it doesn't catch fire, you will burn through it.

Doosh
01-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Very strange, that the heating of the cat does not melt stock fairing, which is thin and fragile... A fiberglass thus melted.

Not all all strange. The OEM fairing doesn't have material in the area of the race body work that burns. The OEM belly pan isn't really a belly pan, it won't catch anything.

Literally my race bodywork from Hotbodies has a stamp on it reading "must use with aftermarket exhaust". Maybe they changed up the belly pan design?

zviadi
01-22-2016, 12:52 PM
Maybe they changed up the belly pan design?

I don't now. I can only write what said to me member of Hot Bodies.

Ok.
Then first I'll order tankcover and rear fairing, and then we'll see ...