PDA

View Full Version : Stalling

Need4speed
10-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Has anyone else had issues with first gear stalling? I have owned many sport bikes and own a Buell 1125R now and it is very rare for me to ever stall any of them. I have stalled this new EBR 1190RX in first gear more than all my other bikes combined, I think. The coolest looking bike to stall on. It seems that first gear is a bit tall and clutch feel a bit vague in first. If others are having this issue what did you do to solve it? :cry:

buell-fan
10-22-2015, 08:05 PM
The first gear is pretty tall. I stalled it a few times when I first got it, and once on the line while drag racing it; don't ask me how. When it is time for new sprockets I may get a different ratio.

d_adams
10-23-2015, 05:05 AM
I think I killed mine twice in the last 19 months of ownership, happened in the 1st week only, might have been the 2nd or 3rd ride.

roadking1
10-23-2015, 09:23 AM
First is very tall, can probably get to well over 70 mph. Despite the enormous torque, this tall gearing makes it easier to stall. I stall mine occasionally, but I wouldn't change a thing. It is best, most bad ass superbike out there. And it's American. Gotta love that.