PDA

View Full Version : EBR, RX in drag racing

Mike
10-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Read the second paragraph.
No idea about the engine. Probably a version of the current Buell.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/star-racing-announces-two-bike-team-adds-new-rider

Mike

oddball
10-20-2015, 09:20 PM
It's supposed to be an 1190RX yet has a kosman chassis and S&S power plant? Since When does S&S make the 1190?

Mike
10-21-2015, 12:58 AM
Um, you didn't read my comment about the engine..? And while this one is...far from ALL chassis are Kosman, and not all engines are S&S.
ALL "Pro" NHRA drag race bikes are home/shop made within the NHRA rules..!
Get over it, just like the rest of the class, the bike will be/is a representation of an RX, but visually...an RX nun-the less.

Mike

oddball
10-21-2015, 10:29 AM
I saw your post here first and posted my question then went looking on badweb and saw it there. I figured more with knowledge of things maybe there and posted the same question.

Scott
10-22-2015, 08:16 AM
Yeah, these drag bikes aren't even vaguely similar to the bikes they claim to be, but this does raise a couple interesting questions:

1. Is EBR supporting this effort to get their name on the bike, or is the team just using the EBR name because it's a twin and they can get some publicity from the name?
2. What if (not now, but several years down the road) EBR actually did a sort of reversal and based a street bike on one of these drag bikes? They could use the S & S engine and their own chasis to create a Hayabusa type bike that would be all about straight line performance. I'm not personally a fan of Hayabusas and the like, but I think there's a market for those type of bikes - particularly in the USA. It would basically be a cruiser - heavy and loud with poor handling - but very different than a Harley or Indian. It wouldn't be very 'Buell' and not my cup of tea, but it could still be cool and bring some money and attention to the company.