PDA

View Full Version : Hot Bodies bodywork

Mike
10-20-2015, 01:48 AM
Just curious, anyone buy the Hot Bodies bodywork for their RX ?

Mike

zviadi
10-20-2015, 02:11 AM
I was also interested in this.
I would like to ask Hot Body to make a cutout in the front fairing for headlight. Then I will change their stock plastic.

Silent-Chris
10-20-2015, 05:58 PM
I believe that hot bodies makes the OE fairings.

Mike
10-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Chris -

Not according to their web site, no, only a race (no headlight) upper. But I haven't called either..!

Modifying the race upper doesn't appear that difficult. The quick and easy way, just cut to fit, clean the edges nicely, paint.
The better way would be do do the above, then build an inner wall (90 degrees to the outer edge) to give it a nicer finished look. While that would be more difficult, I don't see it as too big a pain.

Mike

noone1569
10-21-2015, 09:04 AM
Yeah, a guy from Hot Bodies said on facebook, on the 1190 owner's group, he's trying to get a group buy setup for new OEM fairings in a variety of colors. They did create the OEM fairings as well as the WSBK body work and the race body work they have for sale currently.

There's also discussion of creating OEM style body work in ABS so as to be a bit stronger as opposed to the current builds.

Mike
10-22-2015, 02:10 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Will give them a call in the next day or three.
Thanks

Mike

Mike
10-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Talked to a guy at Hot Bodies a little while ago.
The person that I talked to...knew nothing about a "group buy", knew nothing about a "street" center/upper, knew nothing about about ABS parts. He also said that with EBR apparently coming back, that a street upper maybe possible if enough people asked for it. Forgot to get his name...
Right now, they have no stock of parts, but will build within a two week time frame.

Mike

d_adams
10-22-2015, 05:25 PM
From the FB page in question.

Derrick Thiecke
October 4 at 1:47am · Edited
I was wondering if anybody here would be interested in purchasing a second set, or new set of fairings for their EBR. I spoke to Roger G.L. Davis from Calforma and he would be willing to press some more fairing kits if we can find 20 buyers. We currently have 2 buyers. The information Roger gave me was as follows.
MSRP would be around $750-800 per complete set of RX using the OEM material in Yellow, red or Grey. White or black ABS to paint would be around $600 a set. The SX would be maybe 1/2 of that in White, Red, Yellow, Grey. The grey we have now is the second color run which almost looks like root beer. It never got sold, but does look cool, especially on the SX.

Roger Davis Alright guys I'll set up a page to pre order on, we won't bill you, and if there is enough interest well turn it on. Give me a few days, thanks!

yamatr3
10-23-2015, 03:21 PM
I called Hot Bodies and the guy I spoke with did not know anything about it. Said he would check, that was Rick.

Mike
10-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Dean, all -

I called again today and ordered a few parts. Also talked again about the group buy thing.
A "major" caveat to the "group buy" and or the ABS panels...
Enough people need to want these parts before they will sell at a reduced price, or tool-up to make the ABS parts..!
This...could...take days...OR it could take years to meet their criteria..! I'm not waiting for a...maybe..! Their parts are already a nice price compared to OEM prices.

Mike

d_adams
10-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Found this also.

http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/product/1190rx-2014-15-race-bodywork/

DkRider
10-24-2015, 12:14 AM
I would love if it was possible to get all the bodywork in carbon

Carbonbolt
10-24-2015, 04:18 AM
I would love if it was possible to get all the bodywork in carbon

Maybe Julius Ilmberger will make it:http://ilmberger-carbon.de/

Mike
10-24-2015, 11:40 PM
Dean -

Dean wrote -
Found this also.
http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/produ...race-bodywork/ (http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/product/1190rx-2014-15-race-bodywork/)

Yes, that is the parts I've ordered out of their normal pages of parts. Just the side panels and the belly pan. Don't need the tail or upper.
Will take about two weeks to make and ship.

Mike

Mike
10-31-2015, 03:43 PM
For anyone interested...

Got my Hot Bodies side panels and belly pan already.
The side panels are a direct copy of the stock parts. And they "will" fit with stock parts (upper, lower and fan shroud) as the have light indentations where the stock screws go, as molded from the stock panels. So all that needs to be done is drill the holes to fit whatever fastener you will be using (OEM in my case), and bolt it together. One thing, there is no pocket for the stock turn signals. Everything else is there as copied from the stock panels.

The belly pan is designed to hold oil in case if catastrophic engine failure or coolant loss, so there's no cooling holes anywhere. I'll be cutting openings in a coupla places for muffler cooling.

The finish is a bit wavy, not fit for a show bike, but they wouldn't take much work to clean them up before paint, plenty good for a normal street bike. They are done in a medium dark grey primer.

The good thing is the price. All three pieces for just a tad more than one stock side panel.

Overall, very happy with their work.

Mike