PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control

GJB
09-28-2015, 10:00 PM
I have a couple of questions on TC:

First, How the hell do you change it? I cannot select TC from the menu, it jumps over TC???? Perhaps it is because I have a bad dash like several others have noted. It does not display any data like RPM, speed, gear position, etc...

I have also read a few threads where people have claimed increased performance at lower TC settings. That would not be a good thing. How does TC work, I see a ring on the rear wheel but nothing on the front wheel?

TIA

Carbonbolt
10-01-2015, 03:17 PM
I dont know why you cant change your TC. Is your engine of when you try to set it?

The TC is not a real TC (like in your car). If you ride in rain or Snow:smirk: you can use it.
It just only limits the Power in the level you set it. It does not work in corners and curves like on a BMW.
I nearly throw my RX away, Rain on Track with light accelleration, TC on but did not work.
Under full throttle, dry Track, you can feel how you loose power when the light goes on!:wtf:

GJB
10-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks Carbon,

Yes, with engine off I cannot set TC, as I scroll through the menu options it jumps over TC. Anyone else having dash problems also experiencing this issue? Right now it is stuck in setting 3. But if that is limiting power I want it off....

TerryS1980
11-27-2015, 07:16 PM
I can adjust mine while sitting on the running bike. I have had mine turn itself to 3 several times after I turned it off. The TC works by comparing engine RPM with gear and rear wheel speed.

Mike
11-27-2015, 08:13 PM
Interesting.
Mine turned itself from "Off" to "3" several times also. No idea why, does it occasionally, not all the time. Hasn't made the change in quite a while.

Mike