PDA

View Full Version : speedo/horn circuit grounded and popping the fuse

buellishness
09-22-2015, 05:25 PM
I just bought an 1190rx haven't even titles or tagged it yet and the speedo, horn and rear tail light do not work. I know they are all in the same circuit. I started testing parts of the circuit to isolate the short but I do not have a manual or wiring diagram. Can anyone help me with this?

buell-fan
09-22-2015, 06:26 PM
From what I understand, a lot of stuff on these bikes are able to be used on the Buell 1125r's. Because of this I would take a Google search and look at the Buell 1125r wiring diagram for that wiring circuit and see if it compares to yours. If it does, your golden.

buellishness
09-23-2015, 11:17 AM
ECM (looking from the connection side) The connector on the right the second wire on each row if you were counting from left to right they all have continuity to ground. The corresponding prong (on the ECM) all have continuity to the two orange wires connected to the fuse block ( for the speedo/horn fuse ). I don't think it is supposed to be this way! I have no service manual. I also independently checked each component looking for a ground and did not find one, only at the ECM.

buellishness
09-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Race ECM grounds the horn/speedo circuit, second to the last pin from the bottom on the left connection to the ECM.

More calls to dealerships and the dealership that I bought it from and still no help on this. Icing on the cake, the dealership nearest me offer to look at while charging me because they aren't warrantying the bike.