PDA

View Full Version : Tech Spec's Snake Skin tank and air box panels...

buell-fan
09-06-2015, 10:02 PM
These TechSpec Snake Skin tank and air box pads rock! First and foremost, they are a diamond pattern that is raised up enough (about 1/32") to let air flow between your leg and the hot ass gas tank so it keeps both you (and maybe the bike) a bit cooler. Second, and what they were designed for, the grip is phenomenal. They are not a perfect fit at this point because the company is using a freehand cutting pattern someone sent them and they haven't invested in a dedicated pattern cutout, (per our conversation when I ordered my set) but it isn't too bad and I can live with it. When EBR gets the ball rolling selling bikes again I suspect that TechSpec will get their ducks in a row and have a dedicated pattern that fits perfectly to all the bike's lines and corners. For now they will cut to order; which was $102.95 to the door, and well worth it considering the differences between having them or not on this 89° day.

Here's the link to check them out, http://techspec-usa.com/magento/index.php/motorcycles/buell/1125r.htm You will have to call in the order as they don't have a photo or link for the EBR yet.

QtheBUELLIGAN
09-08-2015, 01:44 AM
Guys, these are a must have. I have one of the original prototypes from Tech Spec on my bike. They are phenomenal and completely worth it.

noone1569
09-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Yep, the guy who used to own the bike above and I worked with tech spec to develop these for the 1190s. We went back and forth for a few months on design. Very happy with Tech spec, their customer service, and quality.

QtheBUELLIGAN
09-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Glad you spoke up, noone1569. Wasn't trying to steal your thunder. You guys rocked it with tech spec. ����

Vipertestarossa
09-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Which center pad are you guys using for the center? Universal #5?

buell-fan
09-11-2015, 06:50 PM
I cut my own center piece just today using the TechSpec Snakeskin material that they sent this week to fulfill my previous order. It is shorter than I would have liked. The finished center piece measures 5.5" tall and 6.5" at it's widest point. It could have wrapped up over the air box a good 6" more and I would have been really pleased, but it looks good and is functional. TechSpecs customer service rocks, btw.

TerryS1980
02-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Just ordered a snake skin set for the frame. $75 plus shipping. Had to set it up through email as they aren't on the site.