PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a bike with the sidestand interlock?

buell-fan
09-05-2015, 09:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone had this sidestand function from the factory in a 2014 model or was EBR maybe planning on rolling out a 2015 model with this function/upgrade and the ability to a the quick shift. I ask this because my SX doesn't seem to have this function but the owners manual does indicate some (future) models may. What's the scoop?

zac4mac
09-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Europe requires a side stand switch.

buell-fan
09-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Do you know if this is already in the ecu and is there a dedicated connector (not being utilized now) where we can add a quickshifter or kill switch to the bike? I am going over the Track time rules/requirements and I need to put on a tethered kill switch and figure the side stand interface would be perfect if it can be accessed easily.

zac4mac
09-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Just tap into either of the kill-switch wires.
I did that just last week to my RS so I could enter the Colorado Mile.
It was a hoot, got 13 runs over the weekend, best one 172.4mph.

There is a dedicated plug, terminated by the output sprocket.
It is a click-box in the ECU program.

Z

GJB
09-08-2015, 02:06 PM
zac4mac could you provide more info on how to tap into the kill switch wires. Is there an option to tie into the click box to kill ignition?

dmhines
09-08-2015, 03:17 PM
If you have the EBR Race ECM that came with the Resonator Delete Tips ... the QuickShift is enabled and you do use the side stand switch to trigger.

buell-fan
09-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Just tap into either of the kill-switch wires.
I did that just last week to my RS so I could enter the Colorado Mile.
It was a hoot, got 13 runs over the weekend, best one 172.4mph.

There is a dedicated plug, terminated by the output sprocket.
It is a click-box in the ECU program.

Z

Thanks for the info. I will look for the plug, but I don't know what you mean by the click box in the ECU program. The bike has the stock SX ECU.

zac4mac
09-08-2015, 08:14 PM
If you have the programmable option, enabling the quick shift is a click-box on your computer.
I don't think you can use that line as a tether-kill for racing.
My impression of the quick shift is a momentary kill, you need a "full" kill.

I spliced an "off the shelf" tether switch into my kill-switch. when I pull it the bike completely dies.

I saw an old friend at The Mile that drilled a hole in his kill-switch at the bottom and tethered that.
It works, when he pulls the tether, it flips the kill switch. very cheap... $free.95

Quick-shift and engine kill are 2 different actions IMO.

@GJB - I opened the right side control(4 or 5 pieces immediately fell to the floor) and tapped into the grey(IIRC) wire.
There are 2 wires to and from the kill switch, doesn't matter which you break.
Just splice the tether switch in series with the kill switch. you just made an OR gate, either switch will kill the bike.

Z

GJB
09-08-2015, 09:28 PM
My bike does not seem to have a side stand switch. I don't see any wiring in that neighborhood, perhaps it was removed by previous owner. Any chance someone could post a pic of the switch? My side stand spring mechanism actually broke while track riding and the side stand was flopping around, fortunately it did not result in a crash, I will post a pic so others can check for this failure.

zac4mac
09-09-2015, 09:54 AM
If there is no switch, like here in the US, the wiring is tucked in very tightly.
Look for a little plastic piece covering two ignition cover screws at the back side of the cover.
The wiring should be under that plastic.

Z

Doosh
09-09-2015, 10:39 AM
There's three wires on that little plug, I believe. At least on my 1125 race ecm, two of the wires are used for quick-shift, and the other one does kill the motor.

zac4mac
09-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Good to know Doosh.
I knew of the quick shift, never heard of the kill ability.