PDA

View Full Version : less than 48hrs to go

oldtimerookie
08-28-2015, 01:16 AM
Hi, been on the fence for the past few weeks, finally took the plunge! Put in my deposit today and very much looking forward to picking up my 1190RX this saturday. Spent a good amount of time on this forum reading posts, that definitely helped me in my decision. Still a little worried about parts, warranty, and not having a local ebr dealers within 300 miles but so be it. Counting the hours as we speak.

Thanks

QtheBUELLIGAN
08-28-2015, 08:23 AM
congrats! you will not be disappointed.

Plotter
08-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Congrats!! Great area to ride over there.

Classax
09-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Congrats!!!

oldtimerookie
09-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks gentleman, about 100miles left to break her in. Nothing but smiles and grins so far :-)

buell-fan
09-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks gentleman, about 100miles left to break her in. Nothing but smiles and grins so far :-)

You have been doing a lot of riding this week! Congrats.

oldtimerookie
09-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Well, I bought the bike in southern California and live in north. Could of put it on my truck to bring home but chose to ride it up pacific highway 1. That's was about 350 miles by itself. Beautiful ride other than having to pass all the cars doing 30 in 55 road. We got the sun and mountains but along with it come the millions of cars and half of them don't know how to drive! Oh well can't complain too much.

QtheBUELLIGAN
09-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Living here is flat, boring Indiana....that sounds like a beautiful ride. Very jealous. What a great setting to get to know your knew awesome machine... Hope you're enjoying it! Now find yourself the Race ECM. It's not just for "racing', it smoothes out the bike's whole operation.

remooney
10-29-2015, 12:30 PM
hey oldtimerookie (http://ebrforum.com/member.php?845-oldtimerookie) ,

I just received my bike from a dealer in Minnesota this week and got it registered. I have VIN 368, have you found a place local to get the firs service done at? The EBR website list Contra Costa Powersports in Concord as the only dealer in the Bay Area. Only issues so far is the fuel light stays on and no visible coolant in the expansion tank.

Mike
10-29-2015, 07:39 PM
oldtime -

As has been said, no problem getting parts...that are available !
Sprockets (stock tooth count), no problem, most body parts. I ordered a hand full of parts for my (basically) low sided RX. Upper (black) and lower, no problem, no mid-panel available. Mirrors, no problem, handle bar tube, no problem.
So yea, many parts out there. You just have to spend you own money for the time being...warranty wise.

Have fun on it.

Mike

oldtimerookie
10-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Good morning,

I just bought the parts from af1 and did the 600mile service myself. It's pretty much change oil and check everything else. Coolant was low on mine so I added some distilled water and made sure there was no air in the system. I was worried that I might have a coolant leak but no issues since. I looked over the bike found no issues. And oh I adjusted the chain too.

Already have a couple of small cracks in the plastics from taking the bodywork off and on a couple times. Cheap plastics but oh well.

Yes Mike parts are available, I just purchased some sprockets from vortex. Tank grips from tech speck and a few misc from af1. Still though many of the aftermarket companies are not willing to make parts. Understandably as the demand is not there yet. I haven't looked at the air filter yet but I think I've seen on some threads it's a k&n. On their website they don't have a parts for the ebr. It just ends up costing a bit more for parts. No complaints thought, part of the fun owing a unicorn bike..

Von
11-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Hey old time rookie, what dealership did you buy yours at? I saw my local dealer in Simi Valley/Moorpark was just down to one SX when I bought my girlfriend a Grom last Friday

oldtimerookie
11-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Yeah that's where I bought it at. When I was their they had one other red rx for sale.

Von
11-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Yeah. Took them a while but they finally ran through the majority of inventory. I bought a black one there last November for 16 out the door, when there was warranty. It was deserted in there, I didn't even think they were open then, just a few EBR and Husqvarna bikes, along with a few side by sides. I had good luck with their stock. I have bike #30 and aside from the ****ty seat lock it's performing as well as when I bought it.

oldtimerookie
11-06-2015, 11:35 PM
I only have a bit over 1k on it but no problems so far either. They told me they would honor warranty work on the bike lol. I was pretty shocked but assume they were just saying that knowing I live so far away. Happy with the purchase so far.