PDA

View Full Version : Official Unofficial Name

Classax
10-28-2013, 05:59 PM
The bike is designated the EBR 1190RX. In my feeble mind EBR is exactly what the USA needs to get going again, strong driven leaders undeterred by previous failures, who drive innovative ideas that, create opportunity, jobs and disposable income with people MAKING a great product that they will in turn also be the buyers of. I love Chrysler/Dodge's new slogan " Imported from Detroit"! Buell have always made riders bikes. Bikes that worked for the rider, its good for US manufacturing, good for riders, good for racing. I think the RX is just what the proverbial doctor ordered and should be officially referred to here after as "The Prescription"

Scott
10-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Clever, but I'm too bland. I'm sure I'll refer to it as the RX.

It'll be interesting to see what comes next and how we'll refer to groups. We had the "Tubers", the "XB's", the "Water-cooled". Will we have the 1190's and the 250's? Maybe the Twins and the Triples?

And are we done with the named bikes? No more Cyclones, Lightnings, Firebolts and Ulysses? It's interesting that no water-cooled bikes (including the RW750) ever had 'Names', but nearly all of the air-cooled ones did.

Classax
10-28-2013, 08:35 PM
That's true the water cooled bikes haven't since the fireblade and now Panigale. Its clear that EBR suggestive in the designations.

Blaze new trails with the AX ...
SX is ultimate in naked fun and
The RX the ultimate cure for those bitten by the racing bug.

Plotter
07-11-2015, 08:41 PM
RX for sure.. besides an RX is a prescription... lol