PDA

View Full Version : OK so who's going to pony UP?

Classax
10-22-2013, 03:10 PM
All right folks spill it. Anybody esle put down a deposit? I take a Galactic Black please!

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
We've sold one black one so far

Scott
10-25-2013, 10:30 AM
We've sold one black one so far

Awesome!

I want one so bad I have visions floating through my head when I go to bed at night, but I need to save up a little cash. I hope to have enough to feel comfortable pulling the trigger by early spring.

mackja
10-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Leaning real hard on getting one, want to see it in person, and ride one first. Contacted local dealer to let me know when one will be arriving, I think Red is the way to go!

Classax
10-25-2013, 03:15 PM
http://www.nextmotochampion.com/nmc-magazine Issue 19 has a review. Well its more of an on bike commentary than a review but just in case you wanted to wet your appetites on what its like to ride an RS.

And the yet The Prescription has even more power! (Insert Megalomanical laugh here)

Doosh
10-25-2013, 03:57 PM
I want one, too, but it's going to have to wait another season or so.

mackja
10-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Blue Moon Cycles in Norcross Georgia called me today to tell me they placed their initial order, and a red one was in the mix, I am thinking I am a done deal, now all they have to do is give me good trade figure on my 2013 KTM RC8r.

Scott
10-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Blue Moon Cycles in Norcross Georgia called me today to tell me they placed their initial order, and a red one was in the mix, I am thinking I am a done deal, now all they have to do is give me good trade figure on my 2013 KTM RC8r.
Do it!! We need some sort of prize for the first person to post a photo with their new baby.

Hughlysses
10-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Sweet! My son lives about 7 miles from Blue Moon. I'll have to get him to at least pick up a brochure for me. Or maybe he'll be successful in his quest to be a big-time rock guitarist and he can buy me one for Christmas! :wink:

fast1075
10-26-2013, 08:25 AM
I have a new EBR on my "bucket list", but it can't be an RX. At my age, I would need to carry a chiropractor on pillion on any ride more than a few laps.

Doosh
10-26-2013, 08:29 AM
I have a new EBR on my "bucket list", but it can't be an RX. At my age, I would need to carry a chiropractor on pillion on any ride more than a few laps.

Oddly enough, as a nearly 40-yo club racer with a bad back, the low clip-ons actually help me. It's stuff like wrenching on the bike and loading/unloading it on the trailer that kills me...

Classax
10-26-2013, 04:59 PM

Actually the way the tank is done on the RS, it just begs you lay in a supported tuck. Your back and wrist are well supported. There is however no place to put "the olé spare tire" if you happen to have one.

fast1075
10-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Good thinking guys, but I turn 60 in January, I'm 5'3" and weigh 155. I'm in great shape....round is the perfect shape, right? I'll have to take a look at the SX. Or maybe something coming down the pipe, but not yet announced. I was told at the AIM that there is "a full line of bikes" coming. I had a 2006 XB12s, and I really liked it except for a few quirks it had, like roasting the ole "chestnuts" in stop and go traffic even with all the tricks to help keep cool. It now has a new owner that keeps it well maintained and enjoys it a lot. I will ride my other bikes till something comes along.

Classax
11-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Simply STUNNING :jawdrop:http://pics.dmhines.com/buell/IMG_5880.JPG

Scott
11-26-2013, 11:49 AM
:thumb: Where was that? Are they touring around with the display models? (I'm assuming it's not an actuall production model yet)

Classax
11-26-2013, 12:01 PM
That photo was taken at AIM outside. Ever since the role out there has been a bit of an information black out. Production is slated to start in about two weeks or so. Deliveries may happen by the end of the year, but more likely mid January.

Classax
12-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Ugh the wait is killing me, I so wish I could take delivery before Christmas and take advantage of the entire we off to get to know the bike better. The weather is projected to be beautiful! Come on ET Elves, work your magic.

mackja
12-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Just got off the phone with Blue Moon Cycles, they told me their is no way they will see a RX on the ground before February. :-( Well just might be the best 53rd birthday present I could ever ask for! DOB 3/29/1961.

Scott
12-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Ugh the wait is killing me, I so wish I could take delivery before Christmas and take advantage of the entire we off to get to know the bike better. The weather is projected to be beautiful! Come on ET Elves, work your magic.

Just got off the phone with Blue Moon Cycles, they told me their is no way they will see a RX on the ground before February. :-( Well just might be the best 53rd birthday present I could ever ask for! DOB 3/29/1961.

I'd hope they'd give priority to actual customer orders but you both may be behind display/demo models. And since I count 46 dealers and growing, if we assume 2 display models per dealer, the first 100 or so may be already spoken for and you'll have to wait until after all of those have been delivered.

Classax
12-19-2013, 09:51 AM
It's my understanding that each dealer is required to buy 6 for the year. ONE (1) of which is to be a demo. The demo bikes and bikes where customers have actually put down an actual depsosit would make the most sense to deliver first. That way the dealers can have time to play... I mean study with them, learn the press kit and be ready to sell them by the time the general floor stock arrives. Christmas is wishful thinking on my part. Reality is more like mid/late January, for the first bikes (demos) at dealers. I hope not February, that's the ugliest month of the year in southeast Texas, cold and very wet. It would suck to take delivery on a new bike and have to wait a month for the weather to ride it. Of course I could proably due about 4mph in the garage. hehehe. Maybe the guyes from AF1 will chime in...

Doosh
12-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Class,

You going to race yours? See you in Houston in Feb for the season opener?

Classax
12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Class,

You going to race yours? See you in Houston in Feb for the season opener?

Lol, I'll be there to Corner work. I'll leave the racing to the guys like you who actually know how ride. I'm certified old and slow.

Doosh
12-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I'll be there gettin' my ass kicked.

Classax
12-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I'll be there gettin' my ass kicked.
Congrats again on the Ship last season and expert coming up. Are you going to campaign the 1125r again or transition to the RX?

Doosh
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Are you going to campaign the 1125r again or transition to the RX?

I couldn't swing an RX -- would have been the cost of the bike plus spare wheels, parts, bodywork, exhaust, suspension, etc., to get it race ready. Too much all at once and parts for it are going to be hard to come by until it's really in production in earnest, anyway.

I've been developing my 1125r-DSB into what's really become a prototype machine. It will be an 1125r "frame"/fuel tank so it retains superbike rules compatibility, with an 1190-style swing arm, 1125 motor kitted to 1190 with rod bolts for an 11k spin, and then suspension upgrades (AK gas & Penske) returning from the 1125r from last year. All new bodywork will trim the bike by almost 4 inches on each side, and take about 3 inches off each side of the front fairing -- it will be dramatically narrower, and hopefully have less wind drag at TWS. There's a small litany of other little mods here and there including one-tool quick change for the wheels and other bits here and there that make my life easier.

I'm not very strong at Houston, so I'll be doing a combination of dialing in the bike as well as learning that track. Definitely going to be a weekend of some humble pie.

mackja
12-20-2013, 03:22 PM
I'd hope they'd give priority to actual customer orders but you both may be behind display/demo models. And since I count 46 dealers and growing, if we assume 2 display models per dealer, the first 100 or so may be already spoken for and you'll have to wait until after all of those have been delivered.

Blue moon said they had 4 bikes on order, 1 demo in yellow, and 3 others in all the colors, told me all bikes will arrive at the same time. I to would think sold orders and dealers in warmer climates would receive bikes first. This waiting is killing me!! This is the first time I have ordered new gear before I had the bike, sitting on ready!!

Classax
12-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Well at least we got a great poster for Christmas. They obviously decided to build the fastest color first. Lol. Merry Christmas fellow EBR'ers. May the New Year bring us exactly what the doctor ordered. 148