PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Image #2!!!

Hughlysses
08-08-2013, 04:30 AM
Posted to FB about 2 AM EDT this morning:

"And in the darkness, something lurks, waiting hungrily for feeding time in the fall..."

Scott
08-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Intriguing! I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but it looks different than the RS and different than anything else I've seen. Are those angled pieces some sort of 'running lights' with the headlight in the center or am I completely misinterpreting. I personally didn't have a problem with the stacked headlights on the RS, but some seemed to feel they didn't look right (I know that Ducati got a lot of flak for similar headlight design before going to the current design).

mirkvid
08-08-2013, 01:31 PM
should be a fun reveal - hope they detail specs and pricing.

Hughlysses
08-08-2013, 01:34 PM
should be a fun reveal - hope they detail specs and pricing.

A price of "less than $19,000" has been quoted in several articles; here's one: http://www.ebrdealer.info/pdf/dealerNews.pdf

Scott
08-09-2013, 10:06 AM
From Geoff May's facebook: "And we thought the RS was trick! Can't wait till this cats outa the bag."

I had been assuming it would basically be the RS with a passenger seat, more integrated exhaust, less expensive suspension and plastic in place of the carbon fiber. Does this teaser image and Geoff's comments lead us to believe it could be more than that? It would be great if they can use some of the things they learned racing to incorporate improvements. Might the engine even be better than the RS (though likely not running real hot in street trim)? It would be nice if they could get more power in race trim from the RX than they're currently getting from the RS.

Up until now, I hadn't really been expecting any mechanical differences, but who knows. But I could just be reading too much into it.

Hughlysses
08-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Scott- I bet you're right about the RX having "unexpected" updates relative to the RS. You figure they have to have learned quite a bit in 2 years of racing, and there are probably improvements that they'd like to make to the RS for racing that they can't because of the rules. It'd be very cool if those improvements (and maybe others) show up in the RX.

The market is a moving target and the RS was developed in ~2011. You've got to figure they're planning for the future with the new bike.