PDA

View Full Version : Bruce & Erik: I need a Finishing Kit!

QtheBUELLIGAN
08-25-2015, 07:50 PM
That's all. I just need the tips and ECM to tide me over till i order from Dean Adams Designs. I know NCCR has them, i'd just like to put my money into the EBR rebirth. So come on with it Fellas! :deadly:

rx1190kevin
08-26-2015, 04:04 AM
Af1 racing has em I think too still

kneepucker
08-26-2015, 09:48 AM
AF1 hasnt had ECM's at all. NCCR is your only hope for now.

Hughlysses
08-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Someone posted to the EBR 1190 Owners Group on Facebook this morning (Wednesday August 26) that EBR parts are now available through Parts Unlimited dealers. Supposedly a large quantity of parts were in a warehouse and were locked up due to the receivership. Now that that is cleared, the parts have been released and supposedly do not have to be purchased through EBR dealers.

I have no idea if that includes the race parts or not, but it might be worth checking into.

mrlogix
08-26-2015, 10:37 AM
IDS is the manufacture of the ECM's for EBR and will provide custom tunes.

Plotter
08-26-2015, 12:19 PM
AF1 hasnt had ECM's at all. NCCR is your only hope for now.

NCCR has been out of stock for ECMs for quite a while now.

Depending on the exhaust you want to go with, IDS can provide either the adjustable, and you'll have to tune it yourself, or they offer a couple of maps for different configurations. The Dean Adams is not currently part of their offerings.

QtheBUELLIGAN
08-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Checked with a couple PU dealers. No dice. Will probably have to go the ala carte route. NCCR for the tips, IDS for the ECM tuned for the muffler delete.....

Mike
08-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Why pay the big bucks, when you can have a muffler shop bend up tips to any shape / length you want. Stainless, aluminum coated steel, or bare steel for the real cheap guys.
My RX still has no exhaust tips.

Mike

Plotter
08-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Why pay the big bucks, when you can have a muffler shop bend up tips to any shape / length you want. Stainless, aluminum coated steel, or bare steel for the real cheap guys.

Mike

Or even better, drop off that primary muffler... it is ridiculous how heavy that thing is.

Classax
08-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Or even better, drop off that primary muffler... it is ridiculous how heavy that thing is.

24lbs its crazy heavy!!!

zac4mac
08-26-2015, 09:48 PM
The 1125 was 28 lbs.
Still waiting for my Drummer, Colorado Mile is next week.

I just want to go faster than 150mph

Way cheaper than a ticket and safer too.

Z

bthibodeaux
08-26-2015, 10:59 PM

Mike

I was able to get the tips form NCCR fro $125 to my door. They are top quality, and mandrel bent. Finding someone that will work with you to duplicate them will be a challenge. It will likely cost as least as much, or more.

rx1190kevin
08-27-2015, 06:57 AM
I have the race ecu for sale, tips not included. I'm using a PCV now with the stock computer. You can make a set of tips easily

Plotter
08-27-2015, 07:34 AM
I have the race ecu for sale, tips not included. I'm using a PCV now with the stock computer. You can make a set of tips easily

PM'd you

Mike
08-27-2015, 07:50 AM
bthibodeaux -

I "seriously" doubt that it will cost that much out of a muffler shop. I do my best to stop by one or two to find out this weekend.
Remember...EVERYTHING for a motorcycle is at least three times the "real cost".

Mike

rx1190kevin
08-27-2015, 08:23 AM
I have a EBR race tuner for sale ( minus the tips ) looking for $285 and I will ship it priority mail. I'm using a PCV with the stock ecu,and the tips.you can get tips from the sources easily.

buell-fan
08-27-2015, 10:08 AM
What is the pcv you guys are referring to?

noone1569
08-27-2015, 01:06 PM
Power Commander V
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=3&mdl=661&yr=2014&pc=15-020&mk-n=Buell&mdl-n=1190RX&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=15-020&add-mdlyrid2=15-020&fullstr=15-020&prod-type=Powercommander%20V&notes=77

buell-fan
08-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the info link. How well does it work on the ET-VT and does anyone know what it looks like on a dyno ( how the mixture looks with our systems)?

QtheBUELLIGAN
08-28-2015, 08:26 AM
RX1190Kevin, PM sent

QtheBUELLIGAN
09-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Got these tips bent and cut at a local muffler shop for about $10. Got a bit of a hookup, probably would've cost $20 to the average joe off the street. Dude just used a piece of tail scrap that matched the diameter of the outlets and crimped them. Then put a slight bend in them and slash cut the tips until I was happy with the length. Laid about 4 coats of VHT Metallic Black Header paint on them, 2x20 minutes on the Weber @ 200 degrees to cure the paint, and DONE! $20 total cost.

Mike
09-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Finally got my muffler tip pieces.
After a coupla failed attempts at two muffler shops... Their benders crushed the inside radius too much, despite saying "it wasn't too bad" on the phone..!
Found a shop not too far from home that does precision mandrel bending, two pieces of 2", 304 stainless tube, $16.00 ea. No crushed or wrinkled areas.
They even had different inside radii to choose from.
A little measuring, hack saw work, deburring and all will be done.

So yea, it pays to look around a bit..!

Mike

SX_Bueller
09-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Does anyone have some measurements or pictures as examples of how much to bend the pipes or is it better to bring the bike and have them custom bent and fit right there?

Slickit
09-11-2015, 10:23 PM
if anyone removes their whole exhaust I would love to see some kind of walk through. I would like to do that to mine but I don't really want to get a PCv or anything like that. I would really just prefer EBR to make a kit / ECU option for a "standard" pipe with proper bends in it to obtain at set pressure. Obviously mainly looking for a muffler delete kit kinda, surely there are plenty of pros to doing something like this.

Mike
09-11-2015, 10:47 PM
The bend radius is about a 45 degree angle, plus or minus a degree or two with about a 2" bend radius.
Once you put the pieces on the bike/muffler, it's up to the owner to trim and rotate to your desire..

Slick -
Removing the whole exhaust...requires a whole new system, not just the tips..!
Proper bends, what you don't like to be off one or two degrees...something you'll never even see..!? Also depends on how much YOU rotate the tips..!

Beside, I don't want the SAME thing everyone in EBR'dom else has. One reason I haven't made a big deal out of getting tips in the first place. Playing around this evening (while getting ready to weld my broken front muffler bracket tomorrow), I started cutting small pieces off until I got the bottom tube where "I" want it, then started cutting the top tube to get it to match up to the bottom tubes location.
I will not be doing the EBR, "slash cut" like everyone seems to like. I have a couple of ideas in mind but have to wait till I weld the muffler bracket and move the bike so I can better see the right side of the bike.
Mine aren't going to stick up in the air either. A little flatter, closer to the swing arm, possibly a little longer than normal also.

Imagination, the key to being an individual.

Mike

rx1190kevin
09-12-2015, 04:33 AM
Mike I am getting a dean Adams exhaust, so I will have a stock exhaust WITH the slash cut tips,wont be looking for all that much for em both. It may be a month or a bit more until my new exhaust gets here. Let me know if you're interested ��

SX_Bueller
09-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Mike - I agree with having a one-off type of exhaust. I'm a huge fan of individualism and this would give me the option to have my own little twist on the exhaust exits. I will be receiving my SX via shipping from CA in a couple weeks; then I will be able to map out the right design. I am more leaning towards following the swing arm downward sweep.

Wonder which type of exhaust material to use for the tips, SS (409 or 304)or aluminum. Which one would hold up the best?

d_adams
09-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Use 304ss. 409 will rust, even though it's stainless.

Vipertestarossa
09-12-2015, 08:43 AM
RX1190 Kevin, I will be interested in the tips if I don't have something else by then. I am also local to you as well

Mike
09-12-2015, 04:57 PM
rx1190kevin -

thanks for the offer, but as you may have read, I already have the tubing to make into outlets/tips, and as of a few hours ago, they are trimmed and installed. At least as a first shot at liking their, as is appearance.

Mike

Slickit
09-13-2015, 01:51 AM
The bend radius is about a 45 degree angle, plus or minus a degree or two with about a 2" bend radius.
Once you put the pieces on the bike/muffler, it's up to the owner to trim and rotate to your desire..

Slick -
Removing the whole exhaust...requires a whole new system, not just the tips..!
Proper bends, what you don't like to be off one or two degrees...something you'll never even see..!? Also depends on how much YOU rotate the tips..!

Beside, I don't want the SAME thing everyone in EBR'dom else has. One reason I haven't made a big deal out of getting tips in the first place. Playing around this evening (while getting ready to weld my broken front muffler bracket tomorrow), I started cutting small pieces off until I got the bottom tube where "I" want it, then started cutting the top tube to get it to match up to the bottom tubes location.
I will not be doing the EBR, "slash cut" like everyone seems to like. I have a couple of ideas in mind but have to wait till I weld the muffler bracket and move the bike so I can better see the right side of the bike.
Mine aren't going to stick up in the air either. A little flatter, closer to the swing arm, possibly a little longer than normal also.

Imagination, the key to being an individual.

Mike

I like nothing more than having a bike that is different and like no other. As for the exhaust, I know that removing the muffler would require remaps, testing, more remaps and even then you really have to know what to look for and keep up on. Mostly I just wanted to get rid of the weight even though it is in a low centralized place. However I was hoping that in removing the muffler it would open up a little performance and maybe some sound as well.

d_adams
09-13-2015, 07:32 AM
One of these (not the right one) only weighs 8 lbs. All 3 pipes in the pic total out to about 24-25 lbs, which is still less than a single stock 1190 exhaust at 25.75 lbs.

Install one of those, it can get you this

http://ebrforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=440&d=1436730595&thumb=1

If you can't make it out, stock was 160, with the pipe/PC-V it was 174. Still working on a tune for the race ecm though, I expect more out of it.

Slickit
09-13-2015, 10:32 AM
lol, the first pic link is not showing on my screen.?

DkRider
09-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Dean how loud is your exhaust. Do you know in db's?? Can it be used for a bike that is daily driven or will you get a little tired of the sound? I got a xb also with a torque hammer on, and I think that is just the right amount of sound for a bike.

Doosh
09-14-2015, 03:32 PM
I have to tell a funny story. I have one of Dean's systems on my endurance machine, and it's the only exhaust I've used that I haven't destroyed other than the EBR, and I've used a few of them. It's a durable, well made piece of kit.

During the 8-hour event in the rain this year, the mid-pipe slipped off the header. (We have since made a remedy for this using coupling springs like many exhaust systems do). I was on the bike at the time and noticed the change in the sound. Imagine an 1125r with no exhaust at all, because that's what it was.

Over the radio a corner worker in the race called us in "Hey, the orange Buell sounds a little different -- is something wrong". The response from the race director? "Nah, I don't think so, that's just what Buells sound like."

d_adams
09-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Dean how loud is your exhaust. Do you know in db's?? Can it be used for a bike that is daily driven or will you get a little tired of the sound? I got a xb also with a torque hammer on, and I think that is just the right amount of sound for a bike.

I think ASB stated something like 98 db at idle, 110 at 5k rpm? I wear ear plugs all the time, even when I have a stock exhaust on whatever bike I'm riding. The bikes with loud exhaust, they're daily riders and they get flogged daily.

rx1190kevin
09-15-2015, 07:21 AM
My Dean Adams exhaust is being fabricated as I type,lol. Dyno Jet makes a map for it, I can't wait ��

d_adams
09-15-2015, 04:55 PM
FYI, there will be a race ecm available in a few weeks at most. Tuning should happen next week if all goes well and once the tune is finalized, it will be released. I will have them available in my webstore, they're up for pre-order now.

kneepucker
09-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Dean, are the traction control parameters changing at all with your race ECM? And..... this may be a stupid question, but would you recommend using a PCV in conjunction with your race ECM for the auto-tuning feature?

d_adams
09-16-2015, 03:10 PM
I have had the TC turned off for some time now, I have no idea how it's controlled. It's set via the dash, although I have not looked or asked what would affect it. Personally, I would run one or the other, not both. If you want to see what it's doing and make changes, you're going to have to go the same route I did and spend $1300 for the programmable ecm and the wego 3 wideband with display.

kneepucker
09-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the reply Dean, I'm not looking to monitor the fueling, I just assume that your maps alter the timing and fuel, not just one, correct?
I would be perfectly happy with just one solution, and it sounds like yours is the way to go. I dont need to seek out every last HP, just need good mapping for a proper exhaust!

d_adams
09-16-2015, 05:34 PM
The power commander only does fueling. The race ecm will be both timing and fuel. The programmable ecm can alter ANYTHING, you just have to know where to look. I've had to ask about numerous things so far.

Slickit
09-16-2015, 07:51 PM
The power commander only does fueling. The race ecm will be both timing and fuel. The programmable ecm can alter ANYTHING, you just have to know where to look. I've had to ask about numerous things so far.

So whats the chance you can get IDS to sell an ECM with a tune for your exhaust?

d_adams
09-16-2015, 08:37 PM
I am selling them now, the tune will be done next week and I'll be shipping the ECM's once I have them in hand. Already have a few on order and expect to sell more when guys are informed about it.

Plotter
09-16-2015, 09:14 PM
I am selling them now, the tune will be done next week and I'll be shipping the ECM's once I have them in hand. Already have a few on order and expect to sell more when guys are informed about it.

I will be placing an order shortly... Always great doing business with you Dean

Spyder171
09-18-2015, 07:42 AM
So Dean, if I already ordered the PCV for your exhaust and was going to use the tune, should I just return it and get the new ECM? Will that alone be able to do it all, or maybe would you see better results with them in conjunction? Just wanna know if I should even bother keeping the PCV if I order an ECM. Thanks!

d_adams
09-18-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm waiting on the results myself. At this point, the PC-V is a known (and proven) power gain with my exhaust. What the IDSPD tune will make remains to be seen, although I expect it to make decent power. The difference between the PC-V and the race ecm is fuel only changes on the PC-V and the race ecm can alter anything. They're the OEM mfg, so I'm pretty sure they know what's going on and how to tune it. Personally, I recommend a little bit richer tune than what the PC-V is targeted at. The 1125 and 1190 seem to like more fuel than what would normally be accepted and appear to benefit from it. Low end fueling is much improved on mine and it's still not perfect just yet.

kneepucker
09-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Dean, going to order mine today, I sent you a DM regarding this.

buell-fan
09-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Dean, it appears as though you are now working with IDS and selling the IDS programmable units for your exhaust on your website now?

When you say you can alter anything with the race ecm does that mean the ecm can be recalibrated for rear sprocket changes, to correct the speedo and gear indicator for the new ratio?

d_adams
09-18-2015, 08:51 PM
The programmable ecm (the $630 one) can be altered in any fashion. Use caution doing so, you _can_ break your bike if you do something wrong. Yes, the gear ratios can be set/changed.

buell-fan
09-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Thanks Dean!