PDA

View Full Version : Bike won't start

Plotter
08-15-2015, 04:00 PM
I can hear it trying, but no actual ignition... I installed a PC5 last night, but it started up just fine... This afternoon it won't start... I put it on the jumper, but it's not the battery... Any help?:smashfreak::smashfreak::smashfreak:

Mike
08-15-2015, 04:54 PM
Maybe a bit of work, but disconnect the PC5...see if it'll start...
See, ya shoulda bought the other ECM..!

Mike

Plotter
08-15-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm putting on the trickle charger for now, and will try again this evening... It said it was at 10%... I guess the PC5 is draining the battery...

d_adams
08-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Check the status lights on the PC-V. If both are dimly lit, it's a power issue with the PC-V. If that's the case, it needs a jumper wire from pin 9 on the ecm, black plug and run it to the red wire on the PC-V. Don't ask me why, but I've seen a few with this problem.
One way to test that theory quickly is to have a laptop there, plug in the PC-V to the laptop so it gets power. Bike will most likely start right up.

Plotter
08-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Check the status lights on the PC-V. If both are dimly lit, it's a power issue with the PC-V. If that's the case, it needs a jumper wire from pin 9 on the ecm, black plug and run it to the red wire on the PC-V. Don't ask me why, but I've seen a few with this problem.
One way to test that theory quickly is to have a laptop there, plug in the PC-V to the laptop so it gets power. Bike will most likely start right up.

Is something that develops? When I got it all hooked up, I started the bike up with the laptop connected to verify everything looked good.

d_adams
08-15-2015, 06:38 PM
And with the laptop not connected, the bike doesn't start, correct?

Plotter
08-15-2015, 07:43 PM
problem resolved... Dean Adams is the man!