PDA

View Full Version : Engine Oil and Brake fluid

xenno92
08-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Hello guys, I'm looking to change my oil soon and wanted to see what you guys have been using on your EBR's
Also, what kind of brake fluid are you guys using?

oohh and any luck finding decently priced brake pads?

Thanks in advance for the response :D

mackja
08-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Amsoil 20/50 is recommended and is what I use, Motul 600 is what I use for brake fluid, bake pads for the street are available from EBC, DP, Performance Friction, sbs among others.
Race pads sbs DS (dual sinter) are the best by a long shot.

Mike
08-31-2015, 08:13 PM
xenno92 -

Valvoline Synthetic Racing oil, just changed it this past weekend. Had very good luck with Mobil 1 in the past, thought I'd give the Valvoline a try. Have read some very good info about it. My second change on the "blue" stuff, only a couple a small slivers of stuff on the drain plug magnet, was very happy.

I should change the brake fluid also, not sure what I will be using, but most any brand name dot 3-4 should be just fine. Valvoline used to have some very good fluid, but for some reason, stopped selling it, or "maybe" changed the bottling it's in..!? It's more how "often" you change it, whether you race or just drive on the street than the brand (as long as it's a good brand name !). Don't let it go brown..!

You say your'e in Downey...as in CA. ? I drive my RX past your area twice every day going to work and home.

Mike

snacktoast
08-31-2015, 10:00 PM
Mike,

Make sure you use a high temp compatible DOT 4. It will have a higher boiling point than DOT 3.

The bikes came with Amsoil Series 600 as the factory fill.
Redline and Motul also make a 600 series DOT 4 which should suffice as well, and I'm sure there are others. You'll want a dry boiling point somewhere above 550 degrees F for the best performance.

Mike
09-01-2015, 08:02 AM
snack -

Been keeping up on fresh brake fluid in my street cars and bikes (and race cars and bikes) for years, but thanks for the info.
The high dollar fluid does very little (if any) positive on the street. The track is a different story.

Mike

noone1569
09-01-2015, 08:03 AM
I'm an amsoil dealer and sell to all buell/ebr guys at cost. Shoot me a message

buell-fan
09-01-2015, 08:18 PM
I'm an amsoil dealer and sell to all buell/ebr guys at cost. Shoot me a message

That is very cool of you. How does shipping work?

noone1569
09-01-2015, 08:41 PM
That is very cool of you. How does shipping work?

It's all drop shipped from nearest warehouse. Usually arrives in 2 or 3 days via ups

xenno92
12-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi Mike sorry for the late response. I have yet to see any an RX or an SX on the rode. It would be nice to meet up and get some tips. I'm a newbie to being handy with tools haha