PDA

View Full Version : Traction control weird

Betterbuell
07-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Scenario on track. Entering a hairpin corner , back wheel off the ground , exit on a straight line with traction control setting 2 flashing and no power. Left with bikes that where around me disappearing towards the next corner. Is TC better turned off altogether?

snacktoast
07-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Is TC better turned off altogether?

For the scenario that you describe, yes.

Betterbuell
07-23-2015, 09:39 PM
So we can conclude that it is not as good as the Bmw or R1 TC? The electronics seem to pre empt the hazzard that initially set it off in that it may occur again just down the road. Damn I was hoping that I could tune the TC and not my wrist !

Mike
07-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Better -

Correct.
I had a 2012, S1000RR (BMW). Put 54,xxx miles on it.
The EBR traction control is pretty much third class (or joke) compaired to the BMW's TC.

I've had mine "off" since the second day after buying my RX.

Mike

Betterbuell
07-24-2015, 04:41 PM
I can see the logic in how it works now , but doesnt suit for track . Off it will be then. If any bike needs TC and Anti lift control , its a potent twin ! Takes a lot of skill and concentration to capitalise on the torque out of corners while trimming the throttle and feathering the rear brake.

Classax
08-02-2015, 05:29 AM
My skills don't really necessitate TC I'm just not quick or aggressive enough on the RX where as my Diavel and 636 even found me constantly either thanking God for either the TC or His intervention in keeping me up right. I could spin the rear on both those nearly at will. The mechanical grip on the EBR is way better. With the suspension set up as recommended and an extra click of preload it will power wheelie instead of spin up, and even at that I have to be way more hamfisted to get it to do that than I normally would. Meanwhile I'm well over 6 seconds a lap quicker on the EBR without trying than I ever was on my 636. The TC is more for the wet or the street on the stock ECU. The race ECU allows for full power in the first couple settings and it just works much better. That said I don't use the TC.

Betterbuell
08-02-2015, 06:05 AM
The TC is more for the wet or the street on the stock ECU. The race ECU allows for full power in the first couple settings and it just works much better. That said I don't use the TC.
Agree

zviadi
08-04-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm not a racer, but do not feel the difference between disabled traction and 3rd level. Driving in the city and suburbs, speeds of up to 220 km/h. I put the traction for 3rd level. Occasionally when driving word "TC-3" blinks, wherein the power limitation does not occur. In my city rough roads with pits and tram rails, traction blinks usually in the corners when traveling by road irregularities. Several trips in heavy rain with a disabled traction.
I don't understand why I need it, but just in case it does not turn off.