PDA

View Full Version : Race ECM

jj76933
07-10-2015, 10:35 AM
I messaged this company and was told that they would be offering a pre-tuned ECM in the coming week. They already offer factory stock and tunable ECM for the 1190RX.

http://idspd.com

Mike
07-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Everything they offer is "pretuned".
There's just different tuneups available.
The adjustable ECM can be had with one of three tuneups, your choice.

And they are setup for both the RX and SX.

Mike

jj76933
07-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Did not know that, I just asked if they had any plans to offer a race ECM like the ones ebr offered with the tips. Have you used any of their products?

Plotter
07-15-2015, 07:28 PM
Anybody got news on when they will become available again? Is this completely tied to the status of EBR?

Mike
07-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Sorta tied to the original EBR, ECM engineering guys.
Hopefully they are available, I sent them a check Monday last, for the adjustable ECM and program.
Will let you know.

Mike

Plotter
07-15-2015, 07:46 PM
You sent a check to EBR?

Mike
07-15-2015, 08:18 PM
No...

Mike

Plotter
07-15-2015, 08:26 PM
Sorta tied to the original EBR, ECM engineering guys.
Hopefully they are available, I sent them a check Monday last, for the adjustable ECM and program.
Will let you know.

Mike
The statement above implies you sent the original EBR, ECM engineering guys a check...

If not then who?

d_adams
07-15-2015, 08:32 PM
From the first post, http://idspd.com/
I did the same over the weekend, but with paypal. Full programmable ecm, cable and the dual wideband display setup.

Gotta pay if you wanna play. This time it was to the tune of another $1285.

I went this route because I want to be able to tune for anything I put on the bike, whether it's just the tips, the shorty exhaust I already build or the long version exhaust. I have some other things I want to try as well, but that will have to wait until I build it and get pics.

Plotter
07-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Are you planning on making a long version?

Mike
07-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Plotter -

Implies...not really.
The key word is "Sorta".
""Sorta tied to the original EBR, ECM engineering guys.""

The way I understand it, the IDS crew was in on the original..."EBR" designing of the "original" EBR, ECM programming. All of the versions.

They now offer various ECM's to us EBR owners. See Deans address offered.

Mike

Plotter
07-16-2015, 07:44 PM
.... static.....

Mike...

Thanks for the assistance... A pleasure as always...:hail:

Mike
07-16-2015, 11:06 PM
Got an e-mail today, it's in the mail...

Mike

Blwngto
07-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Mike, do these guys have a pre-programmed race ecm clone? I've got the EBR exhaust tips coming in from a friend in Germany. I'm not sure I want to mess around with trying to tune my own ecm

Plotter
07-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Everything they offer is "pretuned".
There's just different tuneups available.
The adjustable ECM can be had with one of three tuneups, your choice.

And they are setup for both the RX and SX.

Mike

http://idspd.com (http://idspd.com/)

Mike
07-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Blwngto -

Yes, they do. Well, as of about a week ago, they said it is in the works and should be available very soon.
It's also a very good price. I was very tempted, but I like to tinker...so..!

E-mail or call them to see what the latest date is.
They'll have three, stock mapping, the "muffler kit" mapping and an "aftermarket exhaust" (no stock muffler) mapping.

Nice people.

Mike

jj76933
07-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Yes that's what I ment to say when I posted this, thanks for wording it better.

Plotter
07-17-2015, 08:39 PM
https://www.hmfracing.com/manufacturers/buell/rx-1190/customize

Blwngto
07-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Mike-
Thanks, Ids is definitely good to work with. Andy responded to email in 5 minutes, ordered and on the way!

d_adams
07-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Are you planning on making a long version?

Yes, I'll be building one in the next couple of weeks for sure. I think I have 5 or 6 1190 systems to build, I'll squeeze one in there somewhere and get pics of it.

Btw, I did build one last year in April, long before anyone else did one.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a2k8Nyvj0CU1ef0pPcjL5pRGiRIWu2NaTWY3ZeUH1j8=w719-h958-no

Mandarblade
07-22-2015, 03:17 PM
d_adams,

Any chance a pre-programmed ecm from IDS for your system any time soon?

Mike
07-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Got mine in the mail last night.
Hope to get in hooked up this weekend.

Mike

d_adams
07-23-2015, 06:38 PM
d_adams,

Any chance a pre-programmed ecm from IDS for your system any time soon?

I'm developing my own tune for it (or will be soon anyway) since they didn't have a lot of time to develop a calibration for it. They did note it needed about 15% more fuel than the hmf, which stands to reason, the pipe is shorter and larger diameter. I'll be doing the wideband setup hopefully this weekend if possible. I have a lot to get done in a short amount of time, several guys want their exhaust systems prior to either Sturgis or something over in Indy.

Mandarblade
07-24-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm excited to see it, I have one order in too. It sounds great on the videos, I had an SV1000s running a 2to1 yosh sytem that sounds similar. I've always run power commanders, but i guess the ecu has a closed loop that it can't manipulate, so I didn't know if there was a better alternative. Has anyone ever run a power commander auto tuner wide band? I see that they offer one for the 1190.

Plotter
07-24-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm ordering mine this weekend. Just going to have to wait a bit to actually install until I can get the ECU upgrade... Running out of money... I'd also like to buy the 300 dollar upgrade setup for Deans exhaust than have to buy a fully tunable one... I'm a plug and play kind of guy...

d_adams
07-24-2015, 07:51 PM
They'll probably offer the $300 ecm for mine once I get it dialed in. I have the programmable ecm and wideband O2 setup here, just need to get it installed and start messing with the software.

Plotter
07-24-2015, 08:34 PM
They'll probably offer the $300 ecm for mine once I get it dialed in. I have the programmable ecm and wideband O2 setup here, just need to get it installed and start messing with the software.

Can't wait... I will go ahead and get the exhaust, and then as soon as you get it dialed in with them, I will purchase that as well... It will suck to see the exhaust just sitting there, but I can be patient.

Mandarblade
07-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Awesome, that's good news. I believe I will do the same, it sounds like ids has a solid product.

snacktoast
07-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Awesome, that's good news. I believe I will do the same, it sounds like ids has a solid product.

Solid product and Tim is a great person.

Plotter
07-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Just purchased the Dean Adams exhaust and send an email to IDSPD to find out if they are going to do the same thing with HMF for the Dean Adams and a request to pre-order if they are. Very excited about this purchase :ar15:

oldtimerookie
09-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Looking at purchasing dean's exhaust too. Question is why do u guys prefer the ecm from idspd over the power commander v. Specially since they already have a map for deans.

oldtimerookie
09-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Just trying to understand the options before making a purchase.
Thanks

Plotter
09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Looking at purchasing dean's exhaust too. Question is why do u guys prefer the ecm from idspd over the power commander v. Specially since they already have a map for deans.

i got the PC5 instead of the adjustable ECU because I am a novice when it comes to custom mapping... I am uncomfortable performing it, and didn't want to buy the extra parts to do it myself... I was impatient waiting for Dean to finish his map, because I did not get a warm and fuzzy with IDSPD that they were interested in making a map for Deans exhaust... I also did not want to pay for a custom tune from a shop I am unfamiliar with...

however...

The ECU from IDSPD allows you to modify more variables and allows a more fine control. The PC5 does not adjust timing. both allow for quick shift...

Just my 2 cents... If IDSPD had a map for Deans exhaust, I would have gone that way... Alas... They do not...

hope that helps...

noone1569
09-03-2015, 08:14 AM
I went PCV because it is the best available option at the moment. Dean and I are working with IDSPD to develop a map for his pipe. Once that is available, I will definitely be switching over to that.

Mike
09-03-2015, 03:11 PM
I hope they spend more time verifying the different cruise areas and light accleration from different rpm areas than the EBR "secondary muffler" mapping. I know it's a ton of work...but.
Now that I have a few miles on "secondary muffler" ECM, overall, it's only slightly better than the original mapping. Better...but...

Mike