PDA

View Full Version : Quickshifter

Betterbuell
07-06-2015, 05:16 AM
Just mounted an Annitori QS Pro , The Ducati loom is compatible with the coil plugs and a std Ducati shift rod plus the strain gauge replaces the 1190rx unit . Had to lift the throttle bodies and airbox off to find the coil plugs. Ive used the Annitori on Ducatis and should work on the 1190 . Cheap alternative at around $Au400.

Ace117
07-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Good stuff! Post pics and part #s, Im ready for a quick shifter on my RX

jj76933
07-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Yes please post pics of how you did this please!

Betterbuell
07-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Yes please post pics of how you did this please!
Not a lot to see, but I'll upload something soon. You need to take out throttle bodies and lift the airbox clear off the cylinder heads to find the sparkplug coil plugs. (The Annitori model for Ducati 1098 have the same plugs as the EBR) . Lifting out the throttle bodies isnt to hard just unplug some wires, undo the throttle cables, and a couple of fastening srews and your there. The coil plugs male-female are separated and the QS loom plugs into these m f plugs . Then a module I located in the battery area with a + and - terminals. One more cable goes down to the shift rod where the strain guage (50mm long) attaches to the shortened shift rod. Easy. Annitori QS Pro for Ducati 1098 , with measurements for a shortened rod by 50mm . Should be about 400 Aus$. Works push or pull. The guys are in the US and are really helpful . Ive run them on 3 other bikes (Ducatis).

jj76933
07-11-2015, 11:52 AM
I guess what I'm missing is how to attach the shift rod... Bear with me I'm somewhat ignorant in some cases.

Betterbuell
07-12-2015, 09:22 PM
I guess what I'm missing is how to attach the shift rod... Bear with me I'm somewhat ignorant in some cases.

The strain guage module comes with a threaded rod , one screws into your shortened shift rod ( in this case I used a std Ducati 1098 rod) and the eyelet screws into the other .

Betterbuell
07-13-2015, 02:57 AM
441Shows the module, strain guage and plug wire to the loom that connects into the spark plug coils,(not shown). Soon as the strain guage senses pressure it earths the power to the coils through the module for a very short time , which is programable

jj76933
07-13-2015, 03:23 AM
Ok I'm with you so far, I guess I need to look at the bike again as I didn't see a shift rod.

Plotter
07-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Can you send some more pictures with the parts installed? I really appreciate the help with this.

Classax
07-13-2015, 02:19 PM
That's a neat set up but the factory/Programable ECU allows you to use the stock side stand switch harness and is programmed cut time based on the current RPM, Vehicle Speed,Gear and throttle position with very little pop by way of unburned fuel. Not to mention you get no cuts when you try to go for that imaginary 7th gear (hey, the red mist can make it hard to see that gear indicator).

Betterbuell
07-14-2015, 05:19 AM
That's a neat set up but the factory/Programable ECU allows you to use the stock side stand switch harness and is programmed cut time based on the current RPM, Vehicle Speed,Gear and throttle position with very little pop by way of unburned fuel. Not to mention you get no cuts when you try to go for that imaginary 7th gear (hey, the red mist can make it hard to see that gear indicator).:beat:

Classax
07-15-2015, 07:42 AM
:beat:

My bad bro. Not trying to steal your thunder. Since ECU are are now available I thought folks might like to know if there were any prod and cons to the various options.

pytalkamus
07-15-2015, 06:04 PM
(hey, the red mist can make it hard to see that gear indicator).

Ok, I've got to ask; what is the "red mist"? I saw a track day video clip on youtube that had the dash within the view, and I swear it looked like the display was turning red at high rpm. The owners manual indicates that the rpm ribbon should change from blue to orange at 10,500 rpm, and red at 11,500 rpm, but mine just stays blue. Is this an issue with my dash, or is the owners manual wrong?

Plotter
07-15-2015, 07:23 PM
I thought the red mist was the adrenaline... lol

GJB
07-17-2015, 10:50 PM
So an ignition cut QS (like dynojet) wired to the side stand works? Unfortunately my QS is for GP shift and I am still old school....

Classax
07-22-2015, 07:46 AM
Red mist= is a toxic cocktail of adrenaline, ego, and competitive drive. Its the stuff that makes you forget the consequences and go for the "win" even though there may be nothing to actually win.

I run the GP shift parts from the RS on my RX. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

As for the dash, yea it changes colors but I hardly ever look at it anymore.

mackja
07-22-2015, 08:27 AM
You can also cobble together a GP shift kit from Precision Engineering (1125r kit) and a Annitori 115mm shift rod with DynoJet pull switch. If you can't obtain the rs parts this is an option, I have done both my 1125r and 1190rx, using the EBR race ECM, works great.