PDA

View Full Version : Bimota also uses perimeter brake

zviadi
06-24-2015, 02:29 AM
Today I found a test drive Bimota DB9S Brivido.
It is used in the modification "S" of the front brake similar ZTL2. In a typical Brivido DB9 front brake is the standard two-disc Brembo 320 mm:

Link: http://moto-magazine.ru/tests/mototsikly-i-skutery/bimota-chetyre-s-polovinoy/

Here is what they write about these brakes russian journalists:

"In San Martino del Lago Bimota brought people from another DB9 Brivido - full configuration S. Separate model? Hardly. A half are likely. Because it is distinguished from the base is only one part - the front is only one brake disc. But what! Fixed directly to the wheel rim, it attracts the attention of all. Extremely effective solution! What about efficiency? In theory - all full openwork. Lower unsprung mass of the disk perimeter and thus minimize the gyroscopic effect - the most important advantages over conventional double disc systems. In practice, notice significant growth efforts on the front brake lever and the need for frequent connections back. Worse, their was enough for me for exactly three laps, and then came the banal overheating ... How so? It's funny that this trouble engineer Massimo Gustato company was not surprised: "Perimeter brakes, for all its sophistication, - still image-only thing. For tehnomaniacs. To ride with them on the track will have a minimum conjure of brake pads, pick up a high-temperature brake fluid ... But to be honest, they are not for racing. "

Eric knows about what competitors put his front brakes?:smirk:

Mike
06-24-2015, 12:54 PM
I'll have to let a friend know, he has several Bimotas.
What the hell...can that actually be called a...front fender..?!

I actually trimmed my fender. It now has the same shape as the fairing/headlight.

Mike

Dutch
06-27-2015, 02:26 PM
I always wondered if Erik Buell copyrighted these things, are companies like Ducati that use under slung exhaust and Bimota with this perimeter brake paying him?