PDA

View Full Version : Tire and tire pressure

zviadi
06-23-2015, 02:09 AM
In the manual indicated that the pressure in the front tires must be greater than the pressure in the rear tires:

In stock on this bike is Pirelli Rossa Corsa. I don't like these tires, because they are not good in the corners at larger tilts. This tires glide and slipping.
Maybe it is due to improper pressures, maybe in the manual is a misprint, and the pressure for front and rear tires are reversed.
I want to change them to Michelin Pilot Power 3.

What tires and pressure uses?

Betterbuell
06-23-2015, 07:26 AM
In the manual indicated that the pressure in the front tires must be greater than the pressure in the rear tires:

In stock on this bike is Pirelli Rossa Corsa. I don't like these tires, because they are not good in the corners at larger tilts. This tires glide and slipping.
Maybe it is due to improper pressures, maybe in the manual is a misprint, and the pressure for front and rear tires are reversed.
I want to change them to Michelin Pilot Power 3.

What tires and pressure uses?

Mate, for the road these tires are brilliant , they need heat to grip . the recommended pressures are to high even when hot . They are even good as a track tire, Pirelli recommend 35 front & 27 rear off the warmers at 85-90 degree celcius . Try cold setting before going out on the road , 24-25 psi rear and 29-31 front . No chicken strips on mine used only on the road .

zviadi
06-23-2015, 07:55 AM
To EBR I had Aprilia Mille, Dorsoduro 1200 and KTM Superduke 990.
On Mille the front and rear tire at city driving no chicken strips, on Dorsoduro 1200 - rear was not, on Superduke 990 - front and rear was 1 cm, on EBR - 2 cm!
Set up EBR suspension under my weight, already ran 2200 km in three weeks - still can't tilt it to the edges of the tires. The rear wheel slip in the turns, I'm afraid. I don't have enough grip.
In this case the corner speed is large, compared with Mille, DD1200 and SD990. The tire pressure as recommended the manual.
If I pump up the tire pressure - their grip will be even worse. Isn't that right?

zviadi
06-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Mate, for the road these tires are brilliant , they need heat to grip

That's probably that's the thing. We got cool enough, the asphalt is rarely warmer than 25 degrees Celsius. Michelin on such surfaces holds the best - I on all their bikes changing tires on Michelin.

Mike
06-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Agree, switching to Pilot Power 3 (or latest) when the Pirelli's wear out myself. I like the overall feel in the transition from uprigh to leaned over. Used them on my S1000RR and earlier versions on my old R1. I'm betting from experience, that they'll wear better than the Pirelli also.
On the street, and my weight, I have to over pressure a bit at the front to keep a good wear pattern .

Mike

Classax
06-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Dunlop Q3s as speced on street and 32/30 fr/r on the track no warmers required. Magic!

kneepucker
06-24-2015, 01:39 PM
IMHO, I've been loving the Michelin Supersport/Power Cup/Power One (they change the name every year) DOT track tires. I've been running them for 3 years on my CBR trackbike and get good life out of them and great feel. The rear can get a little greasy when overheated, but overall, superb feel at full lean. I run the medium rear and soft front, they are much more wallet friendly than anything Pirelli makes.