PDA

View Full Version : Trackday Thoughts

Classax
06-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Since day one I have been taking #105 to visit her natural habitat the race track. I'm always surprised by the attention the bike draws and the perceptions and misconceptions out there. I normally hang with my fellow Ducati Club members. This weekend a dealer had a yellow RX at TWS which was my first opportunity to see and here a stock RX at full beans. BEAUTIFUL sounding bike!!! Clearly has that V-twin rumble but its deeper and more ballsy than your typical Duc. A couple of observations and thoughts:

Just about everyone thinks its a beautiful bike even the those who think Buells are crap
A LOT of people are not aware that the RS and RX are different machines and assume they are all $40k plus
7 out of 10 people at the track have never seen one in the flesh before.
9 out of 10 are curious about the front brakes and how they feel and does it pull to one side
A lot of i4 liter bike guys are impressed with how it gets off the corner so hard, even though they make up the ground on the topend.
Tire wear is actually much better on the track than on the street.
Its slightly smaller than the new R1 but manages to have more room for tall riders
The soft limiter is like hitting a wall.... with the race ecu it pulls just as hard from 3.5k to redline
3rd is nearly as good for slow corners as 2nd in most cases and a better option in most
Riding the RX back to back with a 1199 I went quicker on the RX A) because its mine and I wasn't afraid to crash it and B) its just plain easier to ride period.
Those in the know feel is shame EBR shut down and many customers were waiting for the second and third year release to prove the company and the bikes were bug free.
Most importantly the bike is a blast to ride fast!